Information about firewall-Ufw

• Good morning everyone, i would like to know if is possible to install Ufw , and If there could be any issues.

I know that ther's a Firewall setup in WebUi , but i'm familiar with ufw.

Best regards.

OMV 6.X.X

HP Microserver Gen 10 Plus, 3X2TB Data , 1x4TB Parity , Usb Thumb for OS , 32g Ecc Ram.

Plugins : SharerootFs; Kvm; MergerFs; Ups; Snapraid; Resetperms; Fail2ban; Owntone; Flashmemory; Symlinks; Compose ;

Docker: Prowlarr, Swag; Transmission; Filebrowser; Polaris; Wireguard; Heimdall; GlueTun;

• Offizieller Beitrag

I know that ther's a Firewall setup in WebUi , but i'm familiar with ufw.

It should be ok as long as you don't touch anything in the fw in the ui. If you perform a change all your rules will be flushed by omv backend (just INPUT and OUTPUT chains).

All the rules that are displayed in the fw panel are stored in the backend database so they are not read from the actual tables, so kept that in mind don't expect the ufw generated rules to show there/

Of this i am not sure 100% but a flush might also be triggered by a change in the network configuration panel. You can run a couple of tests if you want a report back.

• I subzero79, thank you for your answer.

So basically if I have understand ....., i can install it , setup some rules , and finally enable, and should be ok.

But i dont never touch the firewall web UI, otherwise iptables flush away my rules.

I know that the ufw rules is not show in the panel , but it's fine for me .

Ah, one last things , i have some containers up, and i saw that iptables has created some rules from them, could Ufw break them ???

OMV 6.X.X

HP Microserver Gen 10 Plus, 3X2TB Data , 1x4TB Parity , Usb Thumb for OS , 32g Ecc Ram.

Plugins : SharerootFs; Kvm; MergerFs; Ups; Snapraid; Resetperms; Fail2ban; Owntone; Flashmemory; Symlinks; Compose ;

Docker: Prowlarr, Swag; Transmission; Filebrowser; Polaris; Wireguard; Heimdall; GlueTun;

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!