Plex Update

• Exactly which Plex docker did you install?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• When you created the Plex docker container what image was pulled?

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• The method used to update Plex Media Server using that image is to either restart the container or reboot the machine.

--

• I rebooted the machine and it still doesnt work, how do i restart the container?

• Make sure you have properly set the VERSION environment variable in the container.

Here you can read how to update your container, there's a section Updating Info: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/plex/

Not the best approach for the linuxserver/plex docker. When properly configured, restarting the container or rebooting the machine is all that is required to bring the Plex Media Server up to date, using the latest version the user is entitled to. There is no requirement to replace the image.

--

• What tool or method did you use to initially set up the docker?

--

• At 1:20 in that video the Environment table is being edited by adding PUID and PGID. Go back there and add the variable VERSION and set it to latest and then press the Save button.

--

• I have no explanation for that. Restart the container and see if it corrects itself.

--

• The few possibilities are: the container isn't running, the hard drives that hold your media are not connected and available, or the entire NAS is unavailable for some reason.

--

• That suggests to me that the plex container is not running or is in the process of being updated and unavailable. You need to find and examine the container log. I don't run OMV 4 here so I can't tell you where to look in the Docker plugin. But you could try running this command in the shell on the OMV machine assuming you gave the container the name plex:

docker logs plex | more

Press the space bar to see more of it.

--

• can i make a new container that has all the other information from the one i have right now?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!