SMB shares are not accessible, Error when trying to save changes to SMB

• There's a bit of backstory to this issue. I'm going to give a short description of the issue and troubleshooting below then give the history that I think is pertinent to what may be causing the issue (but I don't know how to solve).

The issue I'm having is that SMB shares are not accessible and when I try to add a share I an error when attempting to apply the config changes (I will reply to this thread with the error...it says my post is too long when I try to include it).

What I have tried:

1. Remove all shares and re-add (The error appears when I attempt to re-add). I also attempted a reboot between removal and re-add.
    2. Stop samba and start samba.
    3. Review config.xml and clean up some invalid file systems (see my backstory below for why these existed). Note I retried 1 and 2 above after this
    4. All of the various repair utilitiesin omv-firstaid
    5. An assortment of "other" things that I no longer remember (sorry).

Backstory:

I had an issue with drive enclosures not reporting the actual drive serial. This caused issues recognizing drives. I applied a fix in rules.d that worked, mostly. It would (periodically) switch up the drive assignments as well as "lose" the serial assignment and would take 2-3 reboots to be fixed. eventually I found an official page about this exact issue that had a different rules.d fix that was more stable. Unfortunately, this rules.d fix changed up my drive assignments etc. After making the change I ended up with multiple invalid filesystem entries and new filesystem entries for the new drive assignments.

This obviously caused issues saving config.xml in general. I went through and cleaned up config.xml and openmediavault-filesystem.conf so that the only entries present are the valid entries. Once this was done I was able to start saving config changes in general. It was after this that I realized that SMB was broken and that I can't make smb-specific config changes.

At this point I think the above backstory is what caused the issue but I'm at a loss for how to solve it and was hoping someone could help me out with that.

• Here's the error message:

Code
    Error #0: OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run samba 2>&1' with exit code '1': raspberrypi: ---------- ID: configure_samba_global Function: file.managed Name: /etc/samba/smb.conf Result: True Comment: File /etc/samba/smb.conf is in the correct state Started: 13:59:28.710464 Duration: 138.71 ms Changes: ---------- ID: configure_samba_shares Function: file.append Name: /etc/samba/smb.conf Result: False Comment: An exception occurred in this state: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/config/database.py", line 718, in execute self._response = self._response[0] IndexError: list index out of range During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/utils/templates.py", line 394, in render_jinja_tmpl output = template.render(**decoded_context) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/jinja2/asyncsupport.py", line 76, in render return original_render(self, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 1008, in render return self.environment.handle_exception(exc_info, True) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 780, in handle_exception reraise(exc_type, exc_value, tb) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/jinja2/_compat.py", line 37, in reraise raise value.with_traceback(tb) File "<template>", line 33, in top-level template code File "/var/cache/salt/minion/extmods/modules/omv_conf.py", line 98, in get_sharedfolder_path mp_obj = get('conf.system.filesystem.mountpoint', sf_obj['mntentref']) File "/var/cache/salt/minion/extmods/modules/omv_conf.py", line 39, in get objs = db.get(id_, identifier) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/config/database.py", line 85, in get query.execute() File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/config/database.py", line 723, in execute raise DatabaseQueryNotFoundException(self.xpath, self.model) openmediavault.config.database.DatabaseQueryNotFoundException: No such object: //system/fstab/mntent[uuid='d636bc59-12a9-4535-8cae-9064eb88c696'] During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/state.py", line 1933, in call **cdata['kwargs']) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/loader.py", line 1951, in wrapper return f(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/states/file.py", line 5265, in append context=context) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/states/file.py", line 1153, in _get_template_texts **kwargs File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/modules/cp.py", line 348, in get_template **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/fileclient.py", line 745, in get_template **kwargs File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/utils/templates.py", line 169, in render_tmpl output = render_str(tmplstr, context, tmplpath) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/utils/templates.py", line 443, in render_jinja_tmpl trace=tracestr) salt.exceptions.SaltRenderError: Jinja error: No such object: //system/fstab/mntent[uuid='d636bc59-12a9-4535-8cae-9064eb88c696'] Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/config/database.py", line 718, in execute self._response = self._response[0] IndexError: list index out of range During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/utils/templates.py", line 394, in render_jinja_tmpl output = template.render(**decoded_context) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/jinja2/asyncsupport.py", line 76, in render return original_render(self, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 1008, in render return self.environment.handle_exception(exc_info, True) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 780, in handle_exception reraise(exc_type, exc_value, tb) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/jinja2/_compat.py", line 37, in reraise raise value.with_traceback(tb) File "<template>", line 33, in top-level template code File "/var/cache/salt/minion/extmods/modules/omv_conf.py", line 98, in get_sharedfolder_path mp_obj = get('conf.system.filesystem.mountpoint', sf_obj['mntentref']) File "/var/cache/salt/minion/extmods/modules/omv_conf.py", line 39, in get objs = db.get(id_, identifier) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/config/database.py", line 85, in get query.execute() File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/config/database.py", line 723, in execute raise DatabaseQueryNotFoundException(self.xpath, self.model) openmediavault.config.database.DatabaseQueryNotFoundException: No such object: //system/fstab/mntent[uuid='d636bc59-12a9-4535-8cae-9064eb88c696'] ; line 33 --- [...] {%- for share in config.shares.share | selectattr('enable') %} [{{ salt['omv_conf.get_sharedfolder_name'](share.sharedfolderref) }}] {%- if share.comment | length > 0 %} comment = {{ share.comment }} {%- endif %} path = {{ salt['omv_conf.get_sharedfolder_path'](share.sharedfolderref) }} <====================== guest ok = {% if share.guest != 'no' %}yes{% else %}no{% endif %} guest only = {% if share.guest == 'only' %}yes{% else %}no{% endif %} read only = {% if share.readonly | to_bool %}yes{% else %}no{% endif %} browseable = {% if share.browseable | to_bool %}yes{% else %}no{% endif %} inherit acls = {% if share.inheritacls | to_bool %}yes{% else %}no{% endif %} [...] --- Started: 13:59:28.849476 Duration: 198.187 ms Changes: ---------- ID: configure_samba_recyclebin_cron Function: file.managed Name: /etc/cron.daily/openmediavault-samba-recycle Result: True Comment: File /etc/cron.daily/openmediavault-samba-recycle is in the correct state Started: 13:59:29.048019 Duration: 2.876 ms Changes: ---------- ID: remove_samba_recyclebin_cron_scripts Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: [] Started: 13:59:29.052396 Duration: 1.85 ms Changes: ---------- file.find: ---------- ID: configure_default_wsdd Function: file.managed Name: /etc/default/wsdd Result: True Comment: File /etc/default/wsdd is in the correct state Started: 13:59:29.054534 Duration: 3.882 ms Changes: ---------- ID: test_samba_service_config Function: cmd.run Name: samba-tool testparm --suppress-prompt Result: True Comment: Command "samba-tool testparm --suppress-prompt" run Started: 13:59:29.060200 Duration: 204.62 ms Changes: ---------- pid: 22524 retcode: 0 stderr: stdout: # Global parameters [global] disable spoolss = Yes encrypt passwords = Yes getwd cache = Yes guest account = nobody log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m logging = syslog log level = 0 max log size = 1000 min receivefile size = 16384 pam password change = Yes panic action = /usr/share/samba/panic-action %d passdb backend = tdbsam passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *Retype\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* . passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u printcap name = /dev/null server string = %h server socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY unix extensions = Yes workgroup = WORKGROUP fruit:aapl = yes aio read size = 16384 aio write size = 16384 create mask = 0777 directory mask = 0777 use sendfile = Yes write cache size = 524288 ---------- ID: start_samba_service Function: service.running Name: smbd Result: False Comment: One or more requisite failed: omv.deploy.samba.20shares.configure_samba_shares Started: 13:59:29.291814 Duration: 0.02 ms Changes: ---------- ID: start_samba_service_nmbd Function: service.running Name: nmbd Result: False Comment: One or more requisite failed: omv.deploy.samba.default.start_samba_service Started: 13:59:29.292626 Duration: 0.014 ms Changes: ---------- ID: start_wsdd_service Function: service.running Name: wsdd Result: True Comment: The service wsdd is already running Started: 13:59:29.292756 Duration: 87.784 ms Changes: Summary for raspberrypi ------------ Succeeded: 6 (changed=2) Failed: 3 ------------ Total states run: 9 Total run time: 637.943 ms/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/utils/path.py:265: DeprecationWarning: Using or importing the ABCs from 'collections' instead of from 'collections.abc' is deprecated, and in 3.8 it will stop working if not isinstance(exes, collections.Iterable): in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/engine/module/serviceabstract.inc(60): OMV\System\Process->execute() #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(167): OMV\Engine\Module\ServiceAbstract->deploy() #2 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\Config->applyChanges(Array, Array) #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array) #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(588): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusSK...', '/tmp/bgoutput1x...') #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure)) #7 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(189): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array) #8 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\Config->applyChangesBg(Array, Array) #9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array) #11 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1) #12 {main}
  • All, I got this figured out.

The corruption traced back to the shared folders. I was able to go back and removed each shared folder, leaving the content, then recreate it. After I did that i had to add it to each service where it's hosted and now everything is working.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!