ZFS plugin not correctly mounting the pool

• Hi everyone.

I'm using proxmox kernel since I use ZFS. Recently I updated the normal kernel by mistake and so I didn't set the proxmox kernel as default one.

Of course ZFS plugin was't able to work so I had to restart the NAS with the correct kernel.

After that, ZFS correctly imported the pool, but OMV was't able to use it. In the file system section it had "n/a" in every section.

I had to uninstall zfs plugin, delete the zfs folder (it was empty of course), install zfs again and import the pool.

There is some way to avoid the initial issue? Should I switch to normal kernel instead of proxmox?

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Up, there is some way to avoid this issue?

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why not remove the normal kernel? There is a button to do that in omv-extras.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I had to uninstall zfs plugin, delete the zfs folder (it was empty of course), install zfs again and import the pool.

Did you lost your share configuration or was it still available after the import of the pool?

The root cause for the problem may be explained here: Shared folders going N/A for device corrupts USB Backup

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Did you lost your share configuration or was it still available after the import of the pool?

The root cause for the problem may be explained here: Shared folders going N/A for device corrupts USB Backup

All the sharedfolderst stopped working and I had to recreat them.

Everything else was still working.

• All the sharedfolderst stopped working and I had to recreat them.

Ok, then today we have the same situation as on Mar 15th 2018 and the explanation of subzero79 is still valid.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Why not remove the normal kernel? There is a button to do that in omv-extras.

Because I totally missed it! I removed it now!

• Hi all,

I struggled with the same bug. I restarted my server after 60 days of nonstop usage or so. Due to this it changed to a bpo kernel. After switching back to a pve kernel and importing the pool again, I'm not able to mount my zfs pool correctly. Which zfs folder do I have to delete after uninstalling and before reinstalling the ZFS-Plugin?

ty in advance

• Figured it out myself. I had to rename the Folder "Daten" via FTP after uninstalling the ZFS-Plugin and a restart. After reinstalling the import was without errors and the control panel displays the filesystem correctly. Even the shared folders are up and working again.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!