Docker failure on OMV Restart (with USB disks)

• I have OMV installed on an Rpi4 (with 32GB SD Card).

I have a box with 4 hard disks connected via USB 3.0.

Some Dockers (for example MariaDB) use USB disks as data storage.

When for any reason (power off, power failure, OMV restart, etc ...) I have to start the Rpi4, the Dockers cannot access the USB disks. I am forced to manually restart the containers. After the restart of the containers everything works properly.

Containers have the "Restart Policy" set as "Unless Stopped".

Is it an hardware problem or can I change some settings?

Thanks to anyone who wants to answer. :)

openmediavault 5.5.0-1

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB RAM + MicroSD 32GB Samsung UHS-I

FANTEC QB-35US3-6G Usb 3.0 Box Case + 1TB HDD + 2TB HDD + 4TB HDD

• Your problem is most likely that the dockers are starting before the USB storage is fully up and running, AKA a race condition. There must be a way to delay bringing up the docker service until the disks are present and ready but I do not know how to do it.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Your problem is most likely that the dockers are starting before the USB storage is fully up and running, AKA a race condition. There must be a way to delay bringing up the docker service until the disks are present and ready but I do not know how to do it.

yes, I think this is the condition. more precisely I think the docker starts before the disks are mounted ...

openmediavault 5.5.0-1

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB RAM + MicroSD 32GB Samsung UHS-I

FANTEC QB-35US3-6G Usb 3.0 Box Case + 1TB HDD + 2TB HDD + 4TB HDD

• Yield79 as far as i understand the changelog omvextrasorg (5.3.2) adds a override config file to wait for the local filesystem to become available.

check if the file is there /etc/systemd/system/docker.service.d/waitLocalFs.conf

the github commit: https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…7e8397b40e0096d837db17cee

omv 6.9.12-2 (Shaitan) | x86_64 | 6.1.0-0.deb11.13 kernel

Plugins: kernel 6.4.9 | compose 6.11.3 | flashmemory 6.2 | cputemp 6.1.3 | apttool 6.0.1 | sharerootfs | omvextrasorg

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!