PLEASE Put Plex back as a extra plugin

• I have setup Plex on Docker I worked fine till I had to update it. It broke after that, this is so complicated to setup and even update.

Can you please put it back as a plugin on the extras. I'm still running OMV 4.1.35 with plex on another system with no problems also it very simple to setup.

I won't be touching OMV 5 again and eventually have to look else were to run Plex. I have used OMV since 2.0 and loved it. Docker is really not ready to be used as a

streaming server... PLEASE HELP

Thank you

• I disagree,

On a new system or when somethings wrong I remove the Plex container and run my docker-compose file.

Within a minute or two everything's running again and streaming perfectly.

There must be problem with your setup I think.

HP t630 Thin Cliënt (AMD Embedded G-Series GX-420GI | QuadCore | 8GB)
    7.0.5-1 (Sandworm) | 64 bit | pve-kernel-6.8 | omvextrasorg 7.0

• Offizieller Beitrag

Docker is more than ready. Not sure what your issue is, but it's not a docker problem. The plugin was notoriously problematic and was a lot of work for ryecoaaron to maintain

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have setup Plex on Docker I worked fine till I had to update it.

If you use the linuxserver image all you need to do is to restart the container.

How did you try to update it?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can you please put it back as a plugin on the extras

Nope. I hate that plugin. If you don't want docker, you can install plex on the OMV install. I'm sure there are plenty of how tos on installing Plex on Debian out there.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I'm sure there are plenty of how tos on installing Plex on Debian out there.

The Debian package of Plex is fully supported by Plex. Their support forums are here: https://forums.plex.tv/c/plex-media-server/114 and requests for support of the natively installed Debian package should be directed there.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The Debian package of Plex is fully supported by Plex.

If you remember the plugin used the fully supported package repo for amd64 and i386 but I wasn't aware that they finally started packaging .debs for arm boards.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've installed Plex directly on OMV4 and OMV5 and using it without issue.

Installing the package with the plugin was never the issue with the plugin. That was the easy part. Moving the database to the user selected location and getting permissions right were the major pain in the ass especially with some of these 200+ GB plex databases on slow systems.

• Installing the package with the plugin was never the issue with the plugin. That was the easy part. Moving the database to the user selected location and getting permissions right were the major pain in the ass especially with some of these 200+ GB plex databases on slow systems.

200GB? LOL. That's me! Took more than 20 minutes.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• If you use the linuxserver image all you need to do is to restart the container.

How did you try to update it?

all you need to do is to restart the container and it will update itself ? I'm using OMV 5 with Portainer where docker is installed. I deleted the container reinstalled Plex on Docker again to the latest using linuxserver.io

• docker-compose file where is this magic file located ? Is it in Portainer ?

• If users would take the time to read the documentation for the docker images they use they would save immense amounts of their own time, arrive at a properly working container the very first time, wouldn't be clogging the forums with questions and problems they wouldn't have to ask for help with, and wouldn't have forum members repeating the same solutions over and over again.

--

• docker-compose file where is this magic file located ? Is it in Portainer ?

This magic file is located in the documentation for the docker images you are using. Try reading it before attempting to configure a docker.

--

• This magic file is located in the documentation for the docker images you are using. Try reading it before attempting to configure a docker.

Sorry for asking without spending time reading the forum which I really don't have that much time to do, that was the reason for me asking. I'm new to this Docker thing...thanks for the response...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!