Omv5 and Letsencrypt plugin

• Hi folks,

I'm wondering if let's encrypt plugin is still available for OMV 5.

I can't find the plugin in the plugin menu.

I think on OMV 5 it was inside the testing repo but after activation of this I'm getting communication failures.

Thank you for you advice. Can't find a already existing threat for this topic.

Best regards

• I activated docker in OMV-Extras but I can't find the plugin openmediavault-docker-gui.

One problem follows next...

If you read the post macom linked to, you would know that it is not available on OMV 5 and to use portainer.

omv 5.5.2 usul | 64 bit | 5.4 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.3.3
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• In Portainer you can create a stack and run a docker-compose file.

[How-To] Use docker-compose files in Portainer

Below is a compose file you can use, but you need to adjust the settings. I assume the settings are the same as in the plugin.

In the compose files you see sections for "volumes" and "ports". The entries have values on the right and on the left side of a ":". This is for mapping of parameters inside and outside the container. Right side is the value inside the container and left side is the value outside of the container.

For example:

port 444:443

means, that outside the container the port is 444 and inside it is 443.

In general, never change the right side as this is container specific. Change the left side according your needs.

Same for the volume. The path you specify on the left side is the path on your server where the container is putting its configuration. That is also the path where you will find the certificates.

Further information:

https://blog.linuxserver.io/20…domainreverseproxyexample

https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/letsencrypt

• Currently I see the following in the log

Code
    An unexpected error occurred:
    requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /directory (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0xb5095280>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again'))
    Please see the logfiles in /var/log/letsencrypt for more details.
    ERROR: Cert does not exist! Please see the validation error above. The issue may be due to incorrect dns or port forwarding settings. Please fix your settings and recreate the container

I mapped port 80 to 80 and 443 to 443. If I select the network "bridge" in the container setting I'm getting the following error during save process:

Code
    Failure
    driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint letsencrypt (c27ed95d7ad5a6b59b0c50c31acc8696bb3481c45b0dac24ff63632856e8ba46): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:80: bind: address already in use

I'm wondering about address 0.0.0.0. Does I have to configure the networks in the network list of portainer?

• listen tcp 0.0.0.0:80: bind: address already in use

Do you have other services listening on ports 80 and 443? OMV is listening on these ports by default.

You can map in your router port 80/443 from WAN to 81/444 in your LAN. Then in Portainer you can map port 81/444 from LAN to port 80/443 in the container.

Or you assign different ports to OMV (or whatever service is listening to these ports).

• I mapped the port 8080 to 80 and 4443 to 443 in the settings of the container and adjusted the routers configuration.

Now I have two additional files:

/etc/letsencrypt/live/<domain>/fullchain.pem

and

/etc/letsencrypt/live/<domain>/privkey.pem

I think one of the files need to be entered as SSL certificate into OMV SSL configuration.

I've read there is the possibility to create a self-signed certificate and overwite this with symlink. Does anyone has a idea how to realize that?

• Next question is: There is no folder /etc/letsencrypt so I cant't access the files:

Code
    root@OMV:~# cd /etc/letsencrypt
    bash: cd: /etc/letsencrypt: No such file or directory
    root@OMV:~#

In portainer container configuration I added the following volumes:

/config/letsencrypt - /config

One again - any ideas?

• In portainer container configuration I added the following volumes:

/config/letsencrypt - /config

you mean

/config/letsencrypt:/config?

Usually you would put the config folder on one of your data drives.

The user that is running the container has most likely no write access to your OS drive.

The certificates should be in

/<path you specified for config>/etc/letsencrypt/live/<domain.name>/

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!