Make OMV as secure as possible

• Hi all,

I have no clue if this is the right place to ask. (I'm really new to this stuff so please bear with me xD)

About a week ago I installed OMV 5 on a pc with one 500gb hard drive and it all works fine. But now I'm wondering how I can make the whole system as secure as possible and make it really hard for outsiders (hackers or something) to get into the NAS. To my knowledge there are no forwarded ports on my router. Are there other things I need to consider to make the system secure? I only use the NAS for storage and nothing else really. Just want to be sure if there's anything I should do or change to make everything just a tiny bit safer.

Thanks in advance!

• - use strong passwords

- use the user-management

- use a certificate

- for services, use docker

- map only ports you really need

- check your permissions for files and folders

- MAKE BAKUPS

Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought.
    It always defeats order, because it is better organized.
    Terry Pratchett

• A certificate is neccessary for external services such as webserver, cloud-services and so on. If you do not make your NAS accessable from outside of your local area network, you should be fine without cert.

Terry Pratchett

• What kind of services do you plan to cover with your NAS/Server?

Terry Pratchett

• I've not really looked into services and all that kind of stuff. Just want to have the system up and running and be able to look into all the services and such later, I am yet to find out what Openmediavault is capable of.

• Rickerd

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!