Errors in networking

• Hi,

I'm new to openmediavault 5 so I don't have much experience. I tried to set a static ip address to eth0 but I was thrown with an error (not this one) and my ip address went missing altogether, resulting in having to access the pi via keyboard and monitor than on ssh. I fixed the issue by manually putting the static ip address in /netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml and I now can access the pi via ssh. Is there a way to get rid of this error as my network in terms of ip is now static and works just fine? Maybe I went the wrong about it changing my ip and so this error occurred? I'm not sure, below is the complete error message I received.

Any help would be appreciated!

Error #0:

OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run systemd-networkd 2>&1' with exit code '1': raspberrypi:

---------- ID: configure_etc_network_interfaces Function: file.managed Name: /etc/network/interfaces Result: True Comment: File /etc/network/interfaces is in the correct state Started: 10:05:30.568475 Duration: 127.122 ms Changes:

---------- ID: remove_systemd_networkd_config_files Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: [] Started: 10:05:30.698547 Duration: 4.632 ms Changes: ---------- file.find:

---------- ID: remove_empty_systemd_networkd_config_files Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: [] Started: 10:05:30.703759 Duration: 3.599 ms Changes: ---------- file.find:

---------- ID: remove_netplan_config_files Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: ['/etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml', '/etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml'] Started: 10:05:30.707953 Duration: 6.38 ms Changes: ---------- file.find: - /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml - /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml

---------- ID: configure_netplan_default Function: file.managed Name: /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml Result: True Comment: File /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml updated Started: 10:05:30.714940 Duration: 33.614 ms Changes: ---------- diff: New file mode: 0644

---------- ID: configure_netplan_ethernet_eth0 Function: file.managed Name: /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml Result: True Comment: File /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml updated Started: 10:05:30.749155 Duration: 132.053 ms Changes: ---------- diff: New file mode: 0644

---------- ID: apply_netplan_config Function: cmd.run Name: netplan apply Result: False Comment: Command "netplan apply" run Started: 10:05:30.884422 Duration: 494.984 ms Changes: ---------- pid: 13473 retcode: 78 stderr: /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml:5:20: Error in network definition: Invalid MAC address '', must be XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX macaddress: ^ stdout:

Summary for raspberrypi

------------

Succeeded: 6 (changed=6)

Failed: 1

------------

Total states run: 7

Total run time: 802.384 ms in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182

Stack trace:

#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/engine/module/serviceabstract.inc(60): OMV\System\Process->execute()

#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(167): OMV\Engine\Module\ServiceAbstract->deploy()

#2 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\Config->applyChanges(Array, Array)

#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)

#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(588): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusk1...', '/tmp/bgoutputxQ...')

#6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))

#7 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(189): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)

#8 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\Config->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)

#9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)

#11 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)

#12 {main}

• I've put in the mac address but what seems to happen is I would do sudo netplan apply, and does so successfully but when I hit apply in openmediavault in the yellow banner, the mac address disappears. Is there away to apply predictable interface device names?

GNU nano 3.2 20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml

network:

ethernets:

eth0:

match:

macaddress: b8:27:eb:84:1b:79

• Offizieller Beitrag

think the general problem is that your system does not use predictable interface device names, thus Salt can not get the MAC address.

I just tested this on an RPi4 and was able to change to a static IP and back to dhcp without issues and it is not using predictable device names (using eth0).

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Same OS. The board shouldn't matter but I will try it on my rpi3.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I was thinking the same thing.

Method:

1. update pi with: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

2. installed OMVx5 using wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…Script/raw/master/install | sudo bash

3. Got the ip and logged into the web interface

4. switch my the eth0 from DHCP to the static ip address I want which is outside the DHCP pool

5. I am thrown with this error

This is pretty much the order of the events that keep occurring. I flashed OMV 5 twice due to this issue so there's clearly something going wrong. I should be able to change my IP in GUI with no hassle especially when it's a fresh install. Let me know if you find anything thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Don't keep flashing the card. You are just going to kill it. I will try in a bit.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Must be an RPi3 thing. I got the same mac address error. The change in networking switches the RPi to predictive naming. You can delete eth0 and add the new adapter before you click apply. After that, you should be ok.

• Just curious was this ever a problem with the pi3? I only got mine recently as I was interested in making OMV + pihole with docker but i'm having issues with my docker relating to network and I assume it's because of this.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If your networking works, then this isn't the issue affecting docker. If you are using macvlan with pihole, then you need the latest kernel (available in Updates) to fix it.

• Its fine, the docker is now working. After following your advise I was able to setup a static ip address and configure the pihole in the docker correctly. The only issue I have is that my OVM is on port 90 because pihole needs port 80, but now my shared folders is missing from windows but the DLNA works. I know its do with changing ports is a specific port I should change to?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I know its do with changing ports is a specific port I should change to?

Changing the OMV web interface port has nothing to do with shares. It only affects the web interface. The shares probably aren't showing up because of the ip address change. If your router doesn't know about the static IP machine, it won't be able to route to the RPi by name. You need to add an entry in the router. Most people use static DHCP entries instead of a static IP.

• THANK YOU! I finally resolved all my problems thanks to your advise. OMV is finally on a static ip with no issues, my docker is up and running with my pihole container. Could not have done it without your help! :)

• Hi @ryecoaaron, I've just changed my IP range, and I then did the change on web UI on the interface since I assigned it with static IP.

I changed the static IP and DNS to the new entries.

for some odd reason, I cannot do apt-get update, it doesn't resolve to anything. just wondering if I've missed a step somewhere?

I built a brand spanking new OMV5, and it works without any issue.

*scratching head*

• pi_projects

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!