system not reachable => avahi-daemon[514]: Withdrawing address record ?

• Hello,

I have been using OMV in version 4 for quite some time without any downtime.

This week I updated to v5 and the update process as desribed here went really smoothly.

However, what I'm observing now is that after roughly 24h the system is not reachable via network anymore (but still seems to be running).

The syslog at the relevant down-time moment reveals

Code
    Jun 4 15:46:36 serv01 avahi-daemon[538]: Withdrawing address record for 192.168.xxx.xxx on enp3s0.
    Jun 4 15:46:36 serv01 avahi-daemon[538]: Leaving mDNS multicast group on interface enp3s0.IPv4 with address 192.168.xxx.xxx.
    Jun 4 15:46:36 serv01 avahi-daemon[538]: Interface enp3s0.IPv4 no longer relevant for mDNS.

or

Code
    Jun 5 16:30:11 serv01 avahi-daemon[514]: Withdrawing address record for 192.168.xxx.xxx on enp3s0.
    Jun 5 16:30:11 serv01 avahi-daemon[514]: Leaving mDNS multicast group on interface enp3s0.IPv4 with address 192.168.xxx.xxx.
    Jun 5 16:30:11 serv01 avahi-daemon[514]: Interface enp3s0.IPv4 no longer relevant for mDNS

Does anyone have encountered this as well and/or does anyone have a suggestion where to look further or what to do here?

Thanks a lot for any support & kind regards - tullsta

• Hello,

the effect described above occurred again 24h after a reboot.

After giving the OMV-server a static IP address, the server access survived now more than 24h - hope it stayed like this ;)

Comments/explanation welcome!

Kind regards - tullsta

• I have the same problem, only it happens always exactly one hour after reboot.

edit: My problem was not with OMV but my router. Somehow decided to cancel the ip lease of OMV after an hour. After changing the fixed address to one outside the dhcp range it seems to work again.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von danopat () aus folgendem Grund: problem solved

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!