Using an WD Green SSD as boot drive

• Hey,

I am upgrading my home server, my idea is to use a WD Green SSD 240Gb that I already have as a boot drive, and use my ZRAID1 3 x WD Red 4TB to store my things. Is it a good idea? What should I do about configurations?

Thanks,

Miguel de Carvalho

• Offizieller Beitrag

What's your concern? I've used (and seen used) "cheap" SSD's in several OMV builds without issue. I do go ahead and use the flash memory plugin on them. I figure SSDs and flash drives are similar technology, so it can't hurt. I've yet to have a problem (the one I have now is pushing 4yrs old. My friend is using some 32gig "king dion" or some nonsense he found of Newegg... for going on 2yrs, w/o issue. It was barely the price of a 32gig flash drive.

As mentioned, the drive is a bit ginormous for the OS (which can easily fit on 3-5gigs for most folks).. but beyond that I don't see an issue

• Thanks for the fast help. Basically as I am going to use Docker containers on my system, I was going to save the backups, data and etc on the RAIDZ1 and store the docker configs on the ssd too, so it could boot faster and container could use it to be faster.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!