Autoshutdown Can't Detect port 80

• Hi guys,

I am total newbie at OMV. I like it very much after I installed it on my physical machine. The major function I would like to use is Autoshutdown as I am a poor student. Save money is important for me. After configuration, it works perfect. However I found that the port 80 was not detected as active even though I still worked on web gui site too. So I searched some forum and used below command to check the port:

"ss -n | grep ESTAB | grep :80"

I got the below result:

ESTAB 0 0 [::ffff:192.168.0.34]:80 [::ffff:192.168.0.177]:55756

Then I checked the log and find the below command was executed by OMV:

"ss -n | grep ESTAB | grep 192.168.0.34:80"

Of course the output is nothing and OMV didn't detect anything on port 80.

I thought that's the reason that OMV machine was going to shutdown when I still used web GUI too.

I searched again and can't find any answer for it. Can any one help me for this matter?

Thank you in advance.

Simon

• However I found that the port 80 was not detected as active

I’m not 100% sure what exactly is being asked here but port 80 will show closed because it’s LISTEN. If you want to see the name of the service using that port you can use

Code
    sudo netstat -ltnp | grep -w ‘:80’

or

sudo netstat -ltnp | grep 80

be sure to use sudo to see the service name. The -w just means to read the string exactly. i.e. only return port 80.

The next command shows anything with an 80 in it.

• I’m not 100% sure what exactly is being asked here but port 80 will show closed because it’s LISTEN. If you want to see the name of the service using that port you can use

Code
    sudo netstat -ltnp | grep -w ‘:80’

or

sudo netstat -ltnp | grep 80

be sure to use sudo to see the service name. The -w just means to read the string exactly. i.e. only return port 80.

The next command shows anything with an 80 in it.

Hi jfirestorm44, thanks for your reply.

My question is, the autoshutdown just shutdown the machine even though the port 80 is still connecting. I listed 80 in the detect list but autoshutdown failed to detect it as active.

Back to your code I got the below result:

Code
    root@omv5:~# sudo netstat -ltnp | grep -w ':80'
    tcp6       0      0 :::80                   :::*                    LISTEN      1006/nginx: master  

I think it shows us the connection by nginx is still there.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!