ajout d'un disque dur à un raid swipe et changement de raid level

• Bonjour à tous, je viens d'installer un nouveau disque dur dans mon nas sous OMV 5, il est bien reconnu, je peux le monter etc..

mais impossible d'agrandir mon raid stripe. Mon projet était d'abord d'utiliser les 2 premiers disques les premiers mois en raide 0 et quand j'aurai les fonds de rajouter un disque et d'en faire un raid 5, ce n'est pas possible ?

Le dernier disque est différent des deux autres mais a la même capacité est-ce là que ça pose problème ?

2 barracuda et n western digial raid

merci de votre aide, j'espère avoir été assez concis

cordialement

• Offizieller Beitrag

but impossible to enlarge my stripe raid. My project was first to use the first 2 discs the first months in stiff 0 and when I have the funds to add a disc and make a raid 5, it is not possible?

No, that's a start again.

The last disc is different from the other two but has the same capacity is that where it is problematic? 2 barracuda and n western digial raid

That's no problem, mixed vendors/makes is ok.

• merci de votre réponse, il faudrait alors que je sauvegarde tout sur d'autres disques et remonter le raid et ensuite recoller tout ?

On ne peut pas faire un ''raid level'' comme sur d'autres systèmes d'exploitation ?

comment n'est-il pas possible non plus d'étendre ce raid ?

merci encore

• Offizieller Beitrag

thank you for your answer, it would then be necessary that I save everything on other discs and reassemble the raid and then glue everything together?

You will need to save your data, then Storage -> Disks -> Wipe select short, do that on all 3 drives, then created the Raid using Raid Management

Can't we do a raid level like on other operating systems

Not sure what you mean by that, OMV uses mdadm to create a software raid this is the same on any linux system

how is it not possible to extend this raid either

You can extend the current raid 0 by adding the new drive, but do you understand that if one drive fails you lose everything!!

• Offizieller Beitrag

precisely I found it astonishing that the '' extend '' tab is grayed out and not available

Well I have learn't something, I assumed you could extend a raid 0, there is information that you can and how to do it, there is also information saying that you can't ? ( so I tested it in a VM. You can't extend raid 0 either in the WebUI or the command line, so you are back to your first post by creating a raid 5 and to do that you will need to back up the data currently on that raid 0

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!