omv-<commands> and helper functions

• Hi!

I'm trying to create plugin. (And yes I've read the outdated guide)

I have a few simple questions.

What does "omv-mkconf" do and how is it different from "omv-confdbadm create"?
    Why would "omv-mkconf" appear in a postrm i.e. for…

I'd like to know if there is any documentation about the different cli commands with the "omv-" prefix. It seems quite a lot of guides are outdated.

If there isn't any, I'd like to make one (because it'll help me in the future) but I would need help.

I've also noticed that these commands have very unhelpful help messages. Perhaps a creation of man pages would help the community? (Again I could take part)

If there is any place I can start gathering info, a redirection is very much appreciated!

Many thanks

• tinnick

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • Turns out, omv-mkconf runs what ever script you have in /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf.

So, omv-mkconf ssh will run /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/ssh which runs all the scripts using run-parts in /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/ssh.d/*.

These scripts will read from ${OMV_CONFIG_FILE} which is /etc/openmediavault/config.xml, and apply the defined settings to each appropriate config file scattered among the filesystem (for example, ssh configurations are written to /etc/ssh/sshd_config). The reading from the config.xml file is done by using a handy tool called XMLStarlet . (Though I am not farmiliar with it...)

omv-confdbadm create on the other hand will create the basic structure of the said config.xml from an interface described in JSON format.

These interfaces exists in /usr/share/openmediavault/datamodels directory, which will be read by the PHP side of OMV where RPC's and modules will use for parameter validations before writing to config.xml.

As of now, I am not sure how config.xml is being read on the PHP side.

I hope this helps if anyone comes across similar roadblocks.

• tinnick

Hat das Label von OMV 5.x auf OMV 4.x geändert.
  • tinnick

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!