Installed USB card but now can't connect to the server

• Hi, hoping someone can help me here (please treat me as noob).

Everything was running fine until I just installed a USB 3.0 PCIe card into my HP Microserver N40L. Now it posts and seems to boots up fine (monitor connected gets to login prompt) but I can't connect to the server (i.e. if I enter its IP address into my browser the web gui doesn't show nor can I ssh into it using windows powershell). It doesn't show up at all on my network. The router lights up on the respective LAN port. I don't see it on my routers DHCP list though when I check its web GUI.

Any help? This card was such a pain to install so really hope it's something simple or config. Let me know if I can get any logs to send, there was some error about IPMI or something but it went past too quick.

EDIT: Solved it. For future reference I ran omv -firstaid and chose to resetup network configuration and now all good again.

• Carnajo

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • AFAIK it should display the ip address.

Hi, yes I should have mentioned that it does show the IP address (which hadn't changed from the static one I had used before) but using the IP address as before, nor using //openmediavault/ would work.

That said, I managed to solve it, found another post about using omv -firstaid to change a password, went in there and found an entry to configure network, ran that and now it works again. I guess installing the USB card did... something which needed me to rerun network setup.

• I had to do that when I changed servers and just moved the data storage, I have N54L and have been thinking about getting a USB 3.0 PCie card

What was odd here is that I didn't change the server at all, same on board LAN port. Anyway I got myself this card and through a brief test in the past couple of minutes works really well, transfer jumped from 27 MB/s to over 100 MB/s.

https://www.sunix.com/en/produ…d=1&kid=2&gid=11&pid=1808

• Interesting draws power from the board, I assume because it's 2 port rather than 4

Yes looks like it (from the reading up I did it can draw enough for 3.0 spec). I don't think a 4 port could fit into the N40L (low profile cards). I'm also connecting an externally powered 3.5" external hard drive so it shouldn't be drawing much power from the PCIe card.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!