Large File Support

• I would like to update Networking Equipment via the OMV5 tftp server, but it looks like the tftp server doesn´t support large files. My files are up to 50-60MB big. I know that many tftp server solution have this issue. I have changed the block size to 2048 bytes, but this didn´t solved the problem.

Do you have any idea?

• Offizieller Beitrag

This article should explain a little more - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…ize%20Option%20RFC%202348.

Unless you are running a jumbo frames (higher MTU), I don't think you are going to serve files that large.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Not that we get it wrong, but the block size has nothing to do with jumbo frames. If the defined blocksize produces an IP packet size that exceeds the minimum MTU at any point of the network path, IP fragmentation and reassembly will occur. So you don´t need jumbo frames.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not that we get it wrong, but the block size has nothing to do with jumbo frames. If the defined blocksize produces an IP packet size that exceeds the minimum MTU at any point of the network path, IP fragmentation and reassembly will occur. So you don´t need jumbo frames.

I wasn't trying to say you needed jumbo frames. I was just trying to say having a higher MTU (which jumbo frames definitely has) would help avoid the ip fragmentation. And reassembly will only occur if the host supports it.

Zitat

also leading to total transfer failure when the minimalist IP stack implementation in a host's BOOTP or PXE ROM does not (or fails to properly) implement IP fragmentation and reassembly

I have no idea if your equipment supports reassembly.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!