Using a VPN

• I have had my server for awhile now but I want to be able to access my server from somewhere else. I can't use port forwarding because of my router/ISP. Is there any way I can do this?

• If you have an other server (e.g. a public one), you may use autossh to connect from OMV to this server, and forward the local ssh port. Then you can log into the public server an access the forwarded port from OMV.

https://www.everythingcli.org/…r-fun-and-profit-autossh/

Dear pascalts,

Thanks for your quick reply. Actually I am using OMV5 on raspberry pi 3. You told we can lon into the public server an access the "forwarded port" from OMV. Is it a different way to connect the network wihtout forwarding the port from router ? Because our problem that we are not able to forward a port because of ISP/Router policy.

• I think no one has solution for it.

Has anyone tried any application (ex: Teamviewer , Anydesk) to avoid the static ip to access the network from outside ?

Teamviewerhost works and does not require any special network settings or port forwards.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I am using a port forwarding server called https://www.feste-ip.net/

They help me with getting IPv4 access in a IPv6 network.

Maybe its right for you too.

Cost is quite reasonable, ~5 €/yr/device or sth

Normally the cost is really reasonable but in my country 1€ = 8TRY :)

Teamviewerhost works and does not require any special network settings or port forwards.

I have just seen Techno Dad Life's wireguard video this morning. I am going to try it. If it doesn't work I will try teamviewer.

Anyway thank you both for your solutions. :)

• Hello again guys,

I've just configured wireguard to raspberry pi 3b via duckdns and it seems work.

My isp provides static ip with extra charge. So I created an account on duck dns and during the wireguard configuration I selected "DNS Entry". Tested it with mobile phone.

Now I am going to be a little busy with configuring self NAS and cloud system :)

• Dear pascalts,

Thanks for your quick reply. Actually I am using OMV5 on raspberry pi 3. You told we can lon into the public server an access the "forwarded port" from OMV. Is it a different way to connect the network wihtout forwarding the port from router ? Because our problem that we are not able to forward a port because of ISP/Router policy.

You do definetely need no DynDNS or Portforwarding with this method, because your OMV / Raspberry act like a client, connection to the server. But the client-connection provides a reverse-shell to OMV from the server. So you could ssh to your server on a non-standart-port (like 2222) and acces OMV through this reverse-connection. Autossh helps to re-connect instantly, if your internet service provider does a force-diconect every day or so. You could start autossh like this:

autossh -M 23456 USER@FOREIGNSERVERIP -N -R 2222:localhost:22

Explenation:

-M 23456 --> Monitoring port, were autossh checks, if the connection is still alive

USER@FOREIGNSERVERIP --> a valid username at the foreign server (eg root@123.123.123.123). IP or FQDN is possible

-R 2222:localhost:22 --> forwards port 22 on the local OMV to port 2222 on the foreign server (wich will not be public! you will have to locally log into the foreign server to then acces ssh user@localhost -p 2222 to access OMV)

This sounds horrible complex, but once it is running, it works like a charm and forever.

Pascal

• Thank you pascalts

• macom

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!