Network issue after installing OMV5 on Armbian

• Please help with the following issue which happens while I configure NAS on my renegade libre mini computer.

1. Armbian successfully installs with

Armbian_20.05.2_Renegade_buster_current_5.4.43.img

2. apt-get update and upgrade are passed fine too.

3. After performing 'reboot' everything seems to be OK.

Then I install OMV using:

wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…Script/raw/master/install | sudo bash

I tried to do this both via SSH and straightly from the device.

The installation is running as it should until reboot.

After reboot, however, I get no IP via DHCP of my router.

Actually, this is the issue.

I am able to configure network manually and then configure OMV and NAS successfully.

A few screenshots are attached to this post.

Anyway it is no good at all since:

1. After each reboot I should repeat manual network configuration

2. I am not able to apt-get update or upgrade anymore or install any new package because URLs are not being resolved. Something's wrong with DNS and I did not find a way to fix this.

Does anybody have any idea what is wrong?

Thanks a lot

• Offizieller Beitrag

The install script switches from network-manager to networkd/netplan. So, it is possible the board is getting a different ip address. I will have to test on my renegade.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I know that the script switches from network-manager. The problem is not "different" ip address the board get, but NO ip address it acquires.

My manual configuration consists of two commands:

ip link set dev eth0 up

and then

dhclient - to acquire ip through DHCP

Actually I can set static address as well.

I say again: this allows to configure OMV and NAS, but it is not acceptable due to the reasons mentioned in my first post.

NB

I did not understand the statements about too many PMs. Pls clarify if it is relevant

• Offizieller Beitrag

he problem is not "different" ip address the board get, but NO ip address it acquires.

This must be an issue with your router/dhcp server because I have tested the script hundreds of times and never had this issue.

dhclient - to acquire ip through DHCP

This will cause a problem since OMV is going to configure netplan (systemd-networkd) to get the dhcp address and you could end up with two IP addresses on your network adapter.

I say again: this allows to configure OMV and NAS, but it is not acceptable due to the reasons mentioned in my first post.

I'm not sure what you want me to "fix". The script can only do so many things and I can only test so many configurations. Running the script with -n flag and then running omv-firstaid should be the solution in odd cases like yours.

I did not understand the statements about too many PMs. Pls clarify if it is relevant

That is in my signature. It is there because many, many people send my private messages asking for 1-on-1 help and I don't have time for that.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!