process_usershare_file: stat of /var/lib/samba/usershares failed

• My syslog is full with the following entries:

Jun 11 19:27:56 nas smbd[21685]: [2020/06/11 19:27:56.189013, 0] ../source3/param/loadparm.c:3362(process_usershare_file)

Jun 11 19:27:56 nas smbd[21685]: /8tb2raid5 failed. Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

I had a shared folder "8tb2raid5", than i deactivated the SMB-share, removed the directory from "shared folders" and deleted the Raid it was on.

Now i'm stuck with this error mesaages. The folder in question is nowhere visible on the OMV webintreface.

Which file do i need to modify to remove the entry?

Thx in advance for help.

• Hi, I had the exact same problem and "usershare path=" solved it.

But what does the command do? If I remove it form the extra options the error-message comes back.

Thx so much!

BR

Ramsen

• Hi All, same problem here, and "usershare path=" in the SMB/CIFS Advanced settings solved the Syslog entry errors.

The errors in the Syslog were all from old shares from a previous OMV installation, how does that happen?

My question is, How do old samba shares end up in a fresh install of OMV?

History of OMV installation and hardware specs may shed some light.

CPU Xeon E3-1225 V2, 16Gb RAM

2 x PCIe SATA3.0 6-Port Expansion Controllers

1 x Dual 1GB NIC

10 x various sized HDD's configured via MergerFsFolders for NAS shares

1 x OS drive SSD 1TB

1st OMV install, March 2020

OS installed on SSD 1TB

10 x various sized HDD's configured via MergerFsFolders for NAS shares

Docker, Portainer installed, multiple containers running, Plex, AirSonic etc

All worked well until mid March 2021 when I started trialing the new Beta KVM plugin (I'm not blaming the plugin, I screwed something else up)

Was able to create new Linux VM's and run them

Tried to create a Windows based VM, but could not.

Tried to create another Linux based VM, but could not.

I had screwed something up somewhere, but couldn't recall what I had changed.

Thought to myself, time for a fresh install of OMV (since it's had 12 months of me pocking n pulling it apart n wrecking it)

2nd OMV install, mid March 2021

Physically disconnect all HDD's in MergerFsFolders set up

Physically disconnect old OS drive 1TB

Added new SSD 500GB for OS drive

Installed OMV 5.5.11 onto 500GB SSD, installed any available updates for OMV to version 5.6.2-1, added OMV-Extras, all good so far.

Physically reconnected 10 HDD's and 1 SSD 1TB (with old installation in place on it).

Reconfigured OMV and SMB/CIFS shares, but differently to the 1st OMV installation (always looking to improve my set up)

Installed Docker (installed to 2nd SSD (old OS drive) /srv/d02/docker), Portainer, Yacht and Cockpit.

All shares accessible via LAN connected Windows, Linux PC's and TV's (Plex working good)

Installed KVM plugin

Recreated VM based on previous (working) LinuxOs.qcow2 file. I wouldn't start. Hmmm.

Created a new linux VM, won't start....... Back to step 1.

But that's all an aside from How do old samba shares end up in a fresh install of OMV?

Some how OMV, or more to the point Samba has picked the old OMV installation records.

How does that occure?

A hint may lay in the Syslog error below. (### denotes old OMV share name)

process_usershare_file: stat of /var/lib/samba/usershares/### failed. No such file or directory

PS Sorry about the essay length post.

• Hi,

This is old but I think that I found the reason for the error. This error I see is this:

Jun 2 15:59:32 tambo smbd[7169]: process_usershare_file: stat of /var/lib/samba/usershares/bookstore failed. No such file or directory

Everything started when I tried to erase a Shared Folder I selected to erase the contents as well. It failed because of permissions in the base folder.

I then selected to erase only the share and not the contents, then I erased the directory manually. It seems the problem started at some point in the process.

Recreating/erasing the Shared FOlder and SMB share did not help.

Using "usershare path=" stops the error but that is clearly a workaround.

I was able to find this file that seems to be causing OMV to try to perform the action that generates the error?:

So the question is how do I clean up this?

thanks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!