WebUI not showing all network interfaces

• Hello everybody,

Thank you to all the community, you helped me a lot understanding how omv works and how to tune it.

I have omv running on an ARM Zyxel 542, i have to say i'm pretty happy about performances (considering the low-level of the hardware).

Suddenly I was never able to see the second network card through the web interface even if i'm able to configure it through /etc/network/interfaces (it calls egiga0 and egiga1). I am able to assign IPs to both the cards using ssh and editing the interfaces file, but somehow i can't figure it out having both listed into the webui.

I just run omv-firstaid to have both configured via dhcp (no problem, the routers have a reservation) and magically egiga0 disappeared from webui and egiga1 appeared!

Then i looked at /etc/network/interfaces and... magic! no egiga1!

BUT

This is the omv-sysinfo output just before the firstaid

note that egiga1 had Link detected: no but it was connected, up and configured (through interfaces file) to a different router than egiga0

AND

This is the acutal output of omv-sysinfo

it looks better than the first one, at least both interfaces work and there is nothing too weird

I can attach the full output of both omv-sysinfo if needed

sorry for the long post and for some english mistake, basically i would like to understand why the webui doesn't show the two cards even if they are working fine.

Thanks in advance

• Hi,

did you managed o get both cards visable to the webui?

Im using a zyxel 540 and could configure both cards via putty.

The second (egiga1) wont show up in webui although Im able to connect the omv system via the egiga1 card...

greetings

• hi digens,

sorry for the delay, but i decided to leave OMV on the zyxel because i wasn't able to get decent performances with SMB... so i reverted it back to stock firmware.

i actually don't remember how (i did, trust me, a lot of tries) but i figured it out... editing some xml maybe but i really don't want to lie or give wrong information. by the way i never tested if i was able to set ip or other stuff (using static dhcp from the router) but i remember the egiga1 finally displayed on the webUI.

My OMV:

Nas Zyxel 542 OMV v4.1.35-1 (Arrakis) on ARM Debian 9.12

• Hi -- I am having a similar problem.. installed OVM5 on an Odroid XU4 board..

the webui does not report.. i cannot remember if the Ethernet interface was automatically picked up or i manually added it in. either way, the ip address is not being reported, nor the netmask , gateway or MTU.

I tried identify and i get the following error

• Failed to execute command 'export
      PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; ethtool --identify 'enx001e063113ba' 10 2>&1' with exit code '255': Cannot identify NIC: Operation not supported

and the details are

• Error #0:

OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; ethtool --identify '<mac address of the only NIC in the system>' 10 2>&1' with exit code '255': Cannot identify NIC: Operation not supported in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/network.inc:390
      Stack trace:
      #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(588): Engined\Rpc\Network->Engined\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatus79...', '/tmp/bgoutputtB...')
      #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/network.inc(394): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
      #2 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\Network->identify(Array, Array)
      #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('identify', Array, Array)
      #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Network', 'identify', Array, Array, 1)
      #6 {main}

I checked on the CLI and ethtool --identify '<mac address of the only NIC in the system>' returns "Cannot identify NIC: Operation not supported".

I am wondering if it is an ordoid-XU4 board issue? and whether there is a solution?

IMHO, it is odd the OVM would not be able to report the ip address of the NICs in the system, and ought to be able to extract the information somehow.

Happy to help in any way i can...

Wagwan4eva: Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway with OMV6.x running like a dream over Armbian Bullseye and Odroid XU4, in support of a cluster of 2xRP3s and 2xRP4s + laptop (workstation).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!