NFS I do need help!

• Still stuck.Dnla require a share folder. how to add a shared folder on a mountpoint since Add shared folder does not see them?

Have you first created the shared folder?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Is the problem that you want to create a shared folder on the system drive? If so install the openmediavault-sharerootfs plugin.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I installed openmediavault-sharerootfs plugin and rebooted but I do not see any difference in shared folders?

Start over and clearly explain exactly what it is you are trying to do.

--

• After disconnecting the server drive and putting it back got an issue with NFS on my second machine, I see the directories in mnt under "movies" with different categories I can access USA movies but all other directories give me

Permission denied.

Error code: 3

Error message from server: Permission denied in win Scp but still this directories are accessible by embY

EDIT

I fixed it by updating the ACL

• Well I am trying to upgrade my server drive with a bigger I copied all the files from the old to the new one the original cmd to acces my movies was

mount -t nfs 192.168.2.30:/Media2 /mnt/movies

but I think I did a total mess since for the new drive I add

mount -t nfs 192.168.2.30:/Media2_bis /mnt/movies

I kept the same directories mnt "movies" since I did not want Emby to catalog again my whole library, swapped the drives but now in mnt I still can see all the directories but all the movies are not visible only the .nfo are there!!

So I suppose but I am not sure of it, I should have unmount the media2 so what should be the exact unmount cmd and will it fix it?

• The issue I am having although on the server site everything is configured properly now on client site the mnt movies is EMPTY after doing

umount -f /mnt/movies

mount -t nfs 192.168.2.30:/Media2_bis /mnt/movies

instead of

mount -t nfs 192.168.2.30:/Media2 /mnt/movies

Media2 is the old shared folder on the smaller drive Media2_bis is the new shared folder on the bigger drive

What am I missing?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Unless you have done something strange, I suspect that you should use the export folders instead of the shared folders directly. At least that is what I do.

In other words, try:

Code
    umount -f /mnt/movies
    mount -t nfs 192.168.2.30:/export/Media2_bis /mnt/movies

Assuming Media2_bis is the name of the shared folder and it is shared using NFS.

• I am getting a small problem

I can mount

mount -t nfs 192.168.2.30:/export/media/Music /mnt/Music

But at reboot this does not persist

although in etc/ fstab I put

192.168.2.30:media /mnt/media/Music nfs defaults,noatime 0 0

what is wrong with it ?

• Your mount statement is likely wrong. It probably needs to be as below, but I don't have enough information to be sure.

Also there is absolutely no forgiveness in fstab for typos, misspellings, or format errors. Even the most trivial mistake can render a machine unbootable. Personally I do not use mixed case names, but it won't break anything.

192.168.2.30:/export/media/mnt/media/Music nfs defaults,noatime 0 0

--

• Well like I said I can mount

mount -t nfs 192.168.2.30:/export/media/Music /mnt/Music

or

mount -t nfs 192.168.2.30:/media/Music /mnt/Music

but this not persistent even adding in fstab

or

• but this not persistent even adding in fstab

or

My bad. I gave you an incomplete suggestion. But you still need to make sure all the directories are correct on both ends. Try this:

192.168.2.30:/export/media/Music /mnt/Music nfs defaults,noatime 0 0

--

• Sometimes but not always I got an issue after a reboot, where persistent is not detected "fstab;

192.168.2.30:Media2_bis /mnt/movies nfs defaults,noatime 0 0"

and If I do not realize it right away, all my emby catalog directory is destroyed.

What should I do to make sure persistent is always working or and is there a way to prevent emby to start in this case, like restart policy On Faillure?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!