NFS I do need help!

• Is the problem that you want to create a shared folder on the system drive? If so install the openmediavault-sharerootfs plugin.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 5.x on ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0 Stepping - 16GB ECC - Silverstone DS380 + Silverstone DS380 DAS Box.

• I installed openmediavault-sharerootfs plugin and rebooted but I do not see any difference in shared folders?

Start over and clearly explain exactly what it is you are trying to do.

--

OMV AMD64 5.x on ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0 Stepping - 16GB ECC - Silverstone DS380 + Silverstone DS380 DAS Box.

• After disconnecting the server drive and putting it back got an issue with NFS on my second machine, I see the directories in mnt under "movies" with different categories I can access USA movies but all other directories give me

Permission denied.

Error code: 3

Error message from server: Permission denied in win Scp but still this directories are accessible by embY

EDIT

I fixed it by updating the ACL

• Well I am trying to upgrade my server drive with a bigger I copied all the files from the old to the new one the original cmd to acces my movies was

mount -t nfs 192.168.2.30:/Media2 /mnt/movies

but I think I did a total mess since for the new drive I add

mount -t nfs 192.168.2.30:/Media2_bis /mnt/movies

I kept the same directories mnt "movies" since I did not want Emby to catalog again my whole library, swapped the drives but now in mnt I still can see all the directories but all the movies are not visible only the .nfo are there!!

So I suppose but I am not sure of it, I should have unmount the media2 so what should be the exact unmount cmd and will it fix it?

• The issue I am having although on the server site everything is configured properly now on client site the mnt movies is EMPTY after doing

umount -f /mnt/movies

mount -t nfs 192.168.2.30:/Media2_bis /mnt/movies

instead of

mount -t nfs 192.168.2.30:/Media2 /mnt/movies

Media2 is the old shared folder on the smaller drive Media2_bis is the new shared folder on the bigger drive

What am I missing?

• Unless you have done something strange, I suspect that you should use the export folders instead of the shared folders directly. At least that is what I do.

In other words, try:

Code
    umount -f /mnt/movies
    mount -t nfs 192.168.2.30:/export/Media2_bis /mnt/movies

Assuming Media2_bis is the name of the shared folder and it is shared using NFS.

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

• Your mount statement is likely wrong. It probably needs to be as below, but I don't have enough information to be sure.

Also there is absolutely no forgiveness in fstab for typos, misspellings, or format errors. Even the most trivial mistake can render a machine unbootable. Personally I do not use mixed case names, but it won't break anything.

192.168.2.30:/export/media/mnt/media/Music nfs defaults,noatime 0 0

--

• Well like I said I can mount

mount -t nfs 192.168.2.30:/export/media/Music /mnt/Music

or

mount -t nfs 192.168.2.30:/media/Music /mnt/Music

but this not persistent even adding in fstab

or

192.168.2.30:media /mnt/media/Music nfs defaults,noatime 0 0

• but this not persistent even adding in fstab

or

192.168.2.30:media /mnt/media/Music nfs defaults,noatime 0 0

My bad. I gave you an incomplete suggestion. But you still need to make sure all the directories are correct on both ends. Try this:

192.168.2.30:/export/media/Music /mnt/Music nfs defaults,noatime 0 0

--

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!