Borgbackup installed on OMV 5 but no UI appears

• I have installed borgbackup on a new installation of omv5 (virtual machine - kvm)

The menu item of BB turns on click yellow - but no content appears:

what can I do to solve this problem. I reinstalled the plugin twice and there were no errors.

TIA

togme

• Offizieller Beitrag

Read problem #1 - Solutions to common problems

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• dpkg -l | grep openm

ii openmediavault 5.5.2-1 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution

ii openmediavault-apttool 3.6 all apt tool plugin for OpenMediaVault.

ii openmediavault-backup 5.2 all backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.

ii openmediavault-borgbackup 5.1.1 all borgbackup plugin for OpenMediaVault.

ii openmediavault-diskstats 5.0.5-1 all openmediavault disk monitoring plugin

ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive

ii openmediavault-locate 3.5 all locate plugin for OpenMediaVault.

ii openmediavault-lvm2 5.0.2-1 all openmediavault Logical Volume Manager (LVM2) plugin

ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 5.3.3 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault

ii openmediavault-rsnapshot 5.0.3 all OpenMediaVault rsnapshot backup plugin.

dpkg -l | grep borg

ii borgbackup 1.1.11-5~bpo10+1 amd64 deduplicating and compressing backup program

ii openmediavault-borgbackup 5.1.1 all borgbackup plugin for OpenMediaVault.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try: omv-aptclean

Then clear your browser cache again. If that doesn't work, try the F12 javascript editor to see if there is an error.

• Did nothing :(

JS-Editor (I'm no ui-dev in real life - only backend :( ) - so this is a book with seven seals for me:

in console there shows up an error on click on borgbackup:

• Could you reach the OMV´s webUI with http://omv.fritz.box? If not then you have a problem with the domain fritz.box.

Is there a possibility to use an IP address instead of a host name in BorgBackup then you could try that.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have no idea what is going on with your system. If the code was a problem, it would affect everyone.

• I think, I have to reinstall omv5.

Is it possible to export all user/groups and shares (samba/nfs) and reimport them in a new installation?

It seems the fastest solution.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is it possible to export all user/groups and shares (samba/nfs) and reimport them in a new installation?

No. Take screenshots is about your best option.

• togme

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • togme

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • Hello, I have also encountered this exact error and have been trying to figure it out without reinstalling my entire system.

Here is what I have discovered so far, in addition to the errors listed above, when simply opening up the first page i get the following additional errors in the firefox web inspector:

Code
    Uncaught Error: Ext.Loader is not enabled, so dependencies cannot be resolved dynamically. Missing required classes: OMV.workspace.window.Form, OMV.workspace.window.plugin.ConfigObject
    ExtJS 12
    <anonymous> http://---/js/omv/module/admin/service/borgbackup/Archives.js:31
    ext-all.js:22:31495

and

Code
    Uncaught Error: Ext.Loader is not enabled, so dependencies cannot be resolved dynamically. Missing required class: OMV.workspace.window.Form
    ExtJS 12
    <anonymous> http://---/js/omv/module/admin/service/borgbackup/Repos.js:31

Doing some digging on this, I found this article: https://stackoverflow.com/ques…-enabled-missing-required that suggested ensuring that Ext.Loader was enabled.

Code
    Ext.Loader.setConfig({enabled:true});

when I update the following file: /var/www/openmediavault/js/omv/globals.js and change the following line:

Code
    enabled: false, // Disable the dynamic dependency loading feature.

https://github.com/openmediava…ult/js/omv/globals.js#L33

And set it to true, the borgbackup UI then shows.

But, the inspector then shows other errors, so I dont consider the above a fix, simply more information for folks who understand the OMV5 code better than I... :)

Code
    Uncaught Error: A child node already exists (id=sharedfolders, path=/privilege/sharedfolder, text=Shared Folders, position10).
    ExtJS 2
    registerPanel http://---/js/omv/WorkspaceManager.js:173
    <anonymous> http://---/js/omv/module/admin/privilege/sharedfolder/SharedFolder.js:901

and

Code
    GEThttp://---/js/omv/module/admin/service/snapraid/Content.js
    [HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found 5ms]

Any ideas?

• Offizieller Beitrag

If OMV.workspace.window.Form was missing, there are over 200 js pages (in all plugins and OMV itself) that reference that class. So, pretty much everything would be broken. I have tried to replicate this and can't. All I can think is it is caused by some sort of browser config and/or network setup.

• I've tried many browsers, on several machines, with different OSs (My main laptop is Linux, but i've tested with iOS and windows based browsers too) so I dont think it is related to a local condition to the browser.

Any suggestions as to what kind of "network setup" would affect this? I can aim my digging that way. I've already tried with DNS and IP directly. My OMV is on the same subnet as my clients.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If I could reproduce the issue, I could give you more info. I mention browser and network because those are the only two things that determine what the client sees. 99.9% of OMV users don't have this issue. So, I really don't know. Maybe browser locale setup? Ad blockers? Browser plugins? I'm really shooting in the dark trying to come up with something. I've installed OMV thousands of times and use many browsers on different OSes and never had this issue.

• Okay, I've made it somewhere digging through. My main point of curiosity was the simple question: Why did the borgbackup plugin give me errors but none of the others when the .js files were very similar.

I did notice one difference -- Archive.js and Repos.js from borgbackup both used single quotes where everything else I saw in the various other plugins like clamav and snapraid -- they used double quotes. ' vs "

So, here is what I did:

1) vi /var/www/openmediavault/js/omv/module/admin/service/borgbackup/Archives.js

2) Then find/replace with vi -- :%s/'/"/g

3) save and exit -- :wq

4) Clear the web cache: omv-firstaid (select option 10)

5) Clear browser cache and reload page

In reading: https://stackoverflow.com/ques…ngle-quotes-in-javascript there were two comments that i'll look into:

"The most likely reason for use of single vs. double in different libraries is programmer preference and/or API consistency. Other than being consistent, use whichever best suits the string."

and

"Note that JSON is formally specified to use double quotes, which may be worth considering depending on system requirements."

In the end, I am not a software developer so working with code can be confusing... ?(

But now the borgbackup settings pages appears.

• Well, I cant explain why, but here it is..

/var/www/openmediavault/js/omv/module/admin/service/borgbackup/Archives.js

21,24c21,24

< // require("js/omv/WorkspaceManager.js")

< // require("js/omv/workspace/grid/Panel.js")

< // require("js/omv/workspace/window/Form.js")

< // require("js/omv/workspace/window/plugin/ConfigObject.js")

---

> // require('js/omv/WorkspaceManager.js')

> // require('js/omv/workspace/grid/Panel.js')

> // require('js/omv/workspace/window/Form.js')

> // require('js/omv/workspace/window/plugin/ConfigObject.js')

Replacing the single quotes on the first 4 commented-out require lines.... Is there some sort of requirements collector that reads the commented out lines maybe that somehow requires double-quotes?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there some sort of requirements collector that reads the commented out lines maybe that somehow requires double-quotes?

No but there must be something rarely found in some browsers that may cause this. I don't have a strong reason for using single quotes. So, I changed the plugin to use double quotes. 5.1.3 is in the repo.

I would have been curious if just doing your steps 4 and 5 would've fixed it but it doesn't really matter anymore.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!