Equivalent docker compose configuration for Open Media Vault Docker interface.

• Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me?

I've decided that I would like to upgrade from OMV4 to OMV5 but do it as a 'clean' install on a new SSD. This will leave my original v4 in place on another SSD in case of any problems. No restore necessary when it all goes horribly wrong! And I've got a nice clean install with no potential issues afterwards...

To do this, I was thinking of converting my current docker containers to docker-compose which will make installation easy on the other side. I find this the most time consuming bit setting up docker in the GUI as per the excellent Techno Dad Life tutorials...

I've been reading up about docker-compose but the one thing that I'm not sure of is the "volumes from, from container" box in OMV at the bottom of the OMV modify container screen.

What's the equivalent in docker-compose? Is it the depends_on? I seem to think that the depends_on is around waiting for other containers to start rather than sharing volumes?

Thanks

Will.

OMV 5. ASRock J5005-ITX, Crucial 8GB Kit (4 GB x 2) (DDR4, 2400 MT/s). Fractal Design Node 304. Crucial BX500 128 GB system drive. 4 X WD Red 6 TB. 2 X 8 TB external Western Digital Elements USB.

• willsy555

Changed the title of the thread from “Equivalent docker compose files for Open Media Vault Docker interface.” to “Equivalent docker compose configuration for Open Media Vault Docker interface.”.
  • Hi willsy555,

You don't really have to worry about it in docker compose. You just make one compose file with the different programs that are dependent on each other and it is already done.

Hi TechnoDadLife,

Thanks so much! That now makes sense... I'll look at setting up config for this...

Thanks

Will.

OMV 5. ASRock J5005-ITX, Crucial 8GB Kit (4 GB x 2) (DDR4, 2400 MT/s). Fractal Design Node 304. Crucial BX500 128 GB system drive. 4 X WD Red 6 TB. 2 X 8 TB external Western Digital Elements USB.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!