No users can log into SMB shares - "username or password incorrect"

• Shares are enabled, homes are enabled, users and passwords are verified, SMB is enabled and my Pi is visible, shares have perms set for users to read/write - what am I missing?

• Another bump, with an update.

I found an old image of OMV4 for Pi and set it up on a different SD card for testing. I was able to mount and share folders vis SMB/CFS without issue.

I do the -same exact thing- in OMV5 and every time I try to access the share, I get nothing but "Invalid credentials" errors.

Is this a known issue?

• Workgroup is the same.

Shared folders are on mounted file system and perms are set read/write for my user

Shares are set in SMB settings

The same exact configuration works just fine on OMV4 (I have another SD card I was using for testing)

I don't understand why OMV5 is being so difficult.

• Bumping again. OMV 5 has updated multiple times and still no luck.

What is so different from 4.x to 5.x that the SMB service is giving me so much trouble?

Why does an identical setup in 4.x work but not in 5.x?

Is anyone else reporting this issue or is it really just me?

• mxkris

Hat den Titel des Themas von „No users can log into shares - "username or password incorrect"“ zu „No users can log into SMB shares - "username or password incorrect"“ geändert.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

What is so different from 4.x to 5.x that the SMB service is giving me so much trouble?

samba is newer in OMV 5.x (samba 4.9) vs OMV 4.x (samba 4.5). Newer versions of samba start to disable the older protocols that your client is probably trying to use.

What version of Windows are you trying to connect with? Have you read this guide? [HOW-TO] Connect to OMV SMB shares with Windows 10 and Microsoft Servers

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!