Issue with drives not being seen

• Hello! I have bought some parts to put together a NAS for my small business and have been having issues with it.

I have bought a J4105 embedded ITX mobo, 8gbs of RAM, a M-140SS-ITX 1u case, sas to sata breakout cable, and 4 4tb WD Reds.

I have OMV5 installed and set up, now im trying to add the drives in software but OMV doesnt see them. Ive restarted, checked connections, re-seated everything and still nada.

Any help is appreciated.

• This mobo has 4 SATA connectors, combined with 4 WD RED drives also with SATA connector. For what do you need the SAS to SATA breakout cable?

Did you see the drives under "physical disks"?

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• You have made a fundamental mistake.

Your case has a miniSAS backplane with one SFF-8087 connector on it. You plugged the SFF-8087 plug on the breakout cable to this backplane connector and then connected the cable's four SATA data connectors to the SATA ports on the motherboard. This will not work.

If you carefully read the description of the cable it is for connecting a SAS controller SFF-8087 port to a four port SATA or SAS drive backplane. This is known as a "forward breakout cable."

Your application requires a "reverse breakout cable" like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-M…out&qid=1592493834&sr=8-1

You have a choice of length for this item. Get the short one if it will reach.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!