Access To SMB Share From Windows 10 Fails First Time But OK After Delay

• Hi,

I am new to OMV and am trying to use it to replace a failed Seagate NAS

I have set up OMV on a Raspberry Pi 4, 2GB and am trying to share music files with a Sonos system, music & videos with a Windows 7 PC connected to my TV and use a Windows 10 desktop (Pro, 1903 Build 18362.836) as the "master" with read/write access to all folders.

I have set up the shared folders and set the permissions as Admin RW, Users RO and Others None

I have created 3 different users, one for the Sonos with read only access to \Music, one for the windows 7 PC with read only access to \Music and \Videos and one with read/write access for the Windows 10 PC

I had to add ntlm auth = yes to the samba setup to get the Sonos to work.

The Windows 7 PC worked without any issues.

My problem is with the Windows 10 PC -

On first opening Windows Explorer if I click on Network, wait for it to discover my Raspberry Pi and then click on the Raspberry Pi I get "Windows Cannot Access \\MyPi, Error Code 0x80070035"

If I keep trying then after maybe a minute I get access and can read and write to the shares.

If I then close explorer wait a few minutes and then try again I get the same issue

Can anyone suggest how to resolve this?

• I don't think that's the issue as I'm not having any issues with the Sonos or the Windows 7 PC

When I do eventually get access from the Windows 10 PC, the drive on the Raspberry Pi doesn't spin up unless I actually open a file or write to the disk.

It doesn't seem to be consistent either - sometimes after I have been able to navigate to the shared folders from Windows Explorer and then close Explorer I can check it again after a couple of hours and I can browse the drive immediately with no issues, sometimes it seems to loose the authentication after only a few minuites.

I have just run an SMBStatus on the Raspberry Pi and this shows the Sonos using NT1 protocol (unfortunately that's all the Sonos will support), the Windows 7 PC using SMB2_10 and the Windows 10 PC using SMB3_11 partial(AES-128-CMAC).

• Still struggling with this !

As the Windows 7 PC is working fine with SMB2_10 I tried adding server max protocol = SMB2 to the "Extra Options" in the SMB Settings.
    Still the same issues

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!