Web login fails with "Failed to connect to socket:..." omv-engine not running

• Hello, I have OMV 5 on my Odroid C2, which was working fine, now can't login to the webui. It seems omv-engine service isn't running.

This is a recent installation using the instructions for Armbian installs. Not an upgrade from OMV 4.

SSH, FTP, Samba etc. all working fine still.

This seems to be a common problem but with various causes. I've tried a few suggestions from older threads, to no avail.

Here are some more outputs from common suggestions.

Webgui login error:

Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory

journalctl -xe

sudo omv-engined -d -f gives:

Illegal instruction

sudo dpkg --verify

Just flashmemory and extras plugins installed:

sudo dpkg -l |grep openme

Lots of disk space left

df -h

Everything is up to date using apt.

Any thoughts anyone?

OMV 6 on Raspberry Pi 3/4/5, Odroid C2/HC2 and three cobbled together x64 boxes running Snapraid.

• NothingNowhere

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Web login fails with "Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory"“ zu „Web login fails with "Failed to connect to socket:..." omv-engine not running“ geändert.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Seems like your SD card is failing.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks ryecoaaron,

For future reference - Is there anything in the above outputs that points to this, or is it more by process of elimination / common problems?

OMV 6 on Raspberry Pi 3/4/5, Odroid C2/HC2 and three cobbled together x64 boxes running Snapraid.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The weird behavior and the output of dpkg verify make me think that. Always so hard to tell since SD cards fail in different ways.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Yes, I seem to have recurring problems with SD cards flaking oddly in my Odroid C2 and HC2, not much with my Raspberry boxes though.

Is there a way of having simple boot on SD but then root/system on the USB drive?

That might save some grief having to reinstall or reflash every few weeks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Weird, I have an HC2 and C2 as well and never have SD card issues. What kind of SD cards are you using? I think going to the split system is a pain for a lot of reasons.

• Yes, I see it's possibly doable on Armbian, I might experiment one day.

https://docs.armbian.com/User-…all-to-emmc-nand-sata-usb

Cards are Kingston or SanDisk from Amazon as the seller, i.e. not fakes.

I'll run them through badblocks maybe, it's not the cost of new cards it's just frustrating when I think I've got everything ticking over nicely, something odd like this comes along.

Anyway, thanks as ever for your help.

• NothingNowhere

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!