OMV Booting To Emergency Mode

• I believe that overnight last night, my power flickered and since then my OMV server (version 5.5.2-1) is booting to Emergency Mode, and I am not sure how to get out of it or even really begin much more troubleshooting than the following:

• I have looked through what dmesg has to offer, and don't see anything obvious standing out as an error, though I admit I don't know exactly what to look for. Searching for keywords like "fail" and "error" doesn't yield anything more than some external drives failing to mount (because I have them disconnected) and one piece of firmware it doesn't seem to be able to load.
    • Looking through journalctl, I do see a lot of errors along the lines of "error writing '/var/log/pcp/pmlogger/.....': No space left on device" but when I look at df, there are no space issues at all. No partition (including /var/log) reports more than 3% usage. Somewhat suspect though is that I do not even have a /var/log/pcp directory, and I have had mysterious issues like this before where things get hidden somehow and not reported by df or du, but each time has been a little different, and this doesn't look like the other times.
    • omv-firstaid issues various errors when attempting different things
      • When I try to configure the network adapter, web GUI, or change the admin password, I get an "ERROR: Failed to connect /var/lib/openmediavault/engined.sock: [Errono 2] No such file or directory"
      • When resetting the failed login counter, I get "ERROR: Command '['pam_tally2']' returned non-zero exit status 1"
      • Checking configuration file status returns that the configuration is valid
      • Checking the RRD database shows that all database files are valid
      • Clear local upload package repository returns an "ERROR: Command '['apt-get', 'update']' returned non-zero exit status 100."
      • Clean apt returns "ERROR: Command 'omv-aptclean' returned a non-zero exit status 100."
      • Clearing web control panel cache seems to work
    • Per this post I am able to get it to start if I do "mount -a" and "exit" but as soon as I shut it down to remove it from my desk and back into the closet where it sits, it won't boot up again, which I suppose could be indicative of a drive failure (based on this post). I guess I may have to haul the whole setup somewhere to see how it behaves with the drives attached, but the fact that it doesn't boot normally without intervention even with them not attached makes me wonder if that's the issue at all.

Really not sure what to do beyond this and looking for any help or advice. My searches for similar issues haven't turned up anything that looks terribly close, but maybe I'm not looking for the right thing either. Here's a photo that shows the errors I mentioned in journalctl. Apologize for the janky "screenshot", but since I couldn't SSH to the server, I really wasn't sure of a better way to even share specific that could be helpful.

Odroid XU4
    8TB Main Data | 3x3TB Backup Data
    OMV 5.6.2-1
    Docker | Plex | MergerFS | Rsync

• Issue solved itself. Not really sure what did it, but got it working nonetheless.

Odroid XU4
    8TB Main Data | 3x3TB Backup Data
    OMV 5.6.2-1
    Docker | Plex | MergerFS | Rsync

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!