Problem with login and access (SOLVED - related to full hd)

• Hello guys, hope you can help me

So I always had my OMV working, since a longtime. Daily use. Now I've had a problem and I don't know to what is related or not.

This is PC with omv installed in hardrive

I Cannot:

1. Access from the webgui - I have two different users and each time I put the user and the correct password, it just logs out back. so NO ACCESS.
    2. Access directly from the PC/OMV, with a screen and keyboard the same issue. Insert the the user and password and NO ACCESS.
    3. Had direct access from fixed IP (and i've confirmed is still the same) - now I cannot acess from any other computer on the Network Drive not connected.

How can I solve this?

(note: I think I've might have setup a rsync job wrong, or the disc is full, but I don't know as I cannot login).

PS - already tried also as ROOT USER... same problem..

Thank you

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you can't login with the root user locally with keyboard and screen, then you are using the wrong password. If you don't know it, there are plenty of ways to reset it. Even if the disk is full, the root user can login. A full disk will prevent web interface login though.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

If that user doesn't have sudo privileges, it doesn't help much.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any solution?

If you can clean up space in / as the user you can login with (doesn't have to be much), then you can login to the web interface as admin and give the user sudo privileges. Then you can reset the root password to do more cleanup.

• In the shell. Available via the console or ssh.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Get a book or consult a forum geared towards Linux beginners.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

That's not very helpfull from your side.. I thought this forum was to help!!!

He was only saying that because what you are asking is very general Linux skills. It is hard to tell you which files to delete when they might be files you want. We are here to help with OMV beginners but if we helped on every little Linux question, we wouldn't have time to help with OMV questions.

What solution did you find?

• He was only saying that because what you are asking is very general Linux skills. It is hard to tell you which files to delete when they might be files you want. We are here to help with OMV beginners but if we helped on every little Linux question, we wouldn't have time to help with OMV questions.

What solution did you find?

Hello,

I've find some guides on how to use the commands, from the ls to list the folders, to etc...

From this I've deleted some folders, that was it and nothing very complicated.

These links can be used:

https://mediatemple.net/commun…43550/common-ssh-commands

https://www.hostinger.com/tutorials/ssh/basic-ssh-commands

Thanks,
    Matias

• Matias

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Problem with login and access“ zu „Problem with login and access (SOLVED - related to full hd)“ geändert.
  • i am having this issue, but i installed omv5 on an ssd with 250GB. Furthermore just portainer and 1 docker.

Only 99mb left, where is all the diskspace gone? The partions is 227GB large so there should be plenty of space.

OMV 5 on i3-2120 CPU with 8GB

Portainer with several Dockers

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von knireis ()

• thanks

The cause is the /var/cache/davfs2 folder. I use the remote mount plugin to mount a davfs external share. Never had this cache to get so large.

OMV 5 on i3-2120 CPU with 8GB

Portainer with several Dockers

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!