1st try goes wrong

• japp, apt update... Ok, ty for that... Maybe someone fix that in the future to prevent beginner to be confused ...

Greetz

Micha

Translation from my Avatar: To err is human. But to build real shit you need a computer

• Ok, the RAID6 is ready right now...

What's wrong with the Modul clamav??? If I try to activate it and save canged config it takes extremly long time and then a big list of errors comes up (hope the spoiler works wel here):

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run clamav 2>&1' with exit code '1': SV-NAS4FREE.BUCHHOLZ: ---------- ID: remove_clamav_clamdscan_cron Function: file.absent Name: /etc/cron.d/openmediavault-clamdscan Result: True Comment: Removed file /etc/cron.d/openmediavault-clamdscan Started: 19:54:28.625187 Duration: 3.671 ms Changes: ---------- removed: /etc/cron.d/openmediavault-clamdscan ---------- ID: remove_clamav_clamdscan_cron_scripts Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: [] Started: 19:54:28.629264 Duration: 0.915 ms Changes: ---------- file.find: ---------- ID: remove_clamav_daemon_logrotate Function: file.absent Name: /etc/logrotate.d/clamav-daemon Result: True Comment: Removed file /etc/logrotate.d/clamav-daemon Started: 19:54:28.630252 Duration: 0.423 ms Changes: ---------- removed: /etc/logrotate.d/clamav-daemon ---------- ID: remove_clamav_freshclam_logrotate Function: file.absent Name: /etc/logrotate.d/clamav-freshclam Result: True Comment: Removed file /etc/logrotate.d/clamav-freshclam Started: 19:54:28.630748 Duration: 0.421 ms Changes: ---------- removed: /etc/logrotate.d/clamav-freshclam ---------- ID: configure_clamd_apparmor_profile Function: file.replace Name: /etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.clamd Result: True Comment: Changes were made Started: 19:54:28.631240 Duration: 3.311 ms Changes: ---------- diff: --- +++ @@ -56,5 +56,5 @@ @{HOME}/** r, # Site-specific additions and overrides. See local/README for details. - #include <local/usr.sbin.clamd> + include <local/usr.sbin.clamd> } ---------- ID: configure_clamd_apparmor_local_profile Function: file.append Name: /etc/apparmor.d/local/usr.sbin.clamd Result: True Comment: Appended 10 lines Started: 19:54:28.634626 Duration: 3.39 ms Changes: ---------- diff: --- +++ @@ -0,0 +1,10 @@ +# Allow mount dirs to be scanned. Need write access to be able to +# move/delete malicious files. +/srv/** krw, +/media/** krw, + +# Allow an action to perform when clamav detects a malicious file. +# The scripts located in /etc/clamav/virusevent.d/ may require +# complex privileges, because of that we use the unconfined +# execute mode. +/usr/bin/dash muxr, ---------- ID: reload_clamd_apparmor_profile Function: cmd.run Name: apparmor_parser -r /etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.clamd Result: True Comment: Command "apparmor_parser -r /etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.clamd" run Started: 19:54:28.638807 Duration: 1047.431 ms Changes: ---------- pid: 11511 retcode: 0 stderr: Warning from /etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.clamd (/etc/apparmor.d/local/usr.sbin.clamd line 10): Unconfined exec qualifier (ux) allows some dangerous environment variables to be passed to the unconfined process; 'man 5 apparmor.d' for details. stdout: ---------- ID: configure_clamav_freshclam Function: file.managed Name: /etc/clamav/freshclam.conf Result: True Comment: File /etc/clamav/freshclam.conf updated Started: 19:54:29.686472 Duration: 32.885 ms Changes: ---------- diff: --- +++ @@ -1,5 +1,6 @@ -# Automatically created by the clamav-freshclam postinst -# Comments will get lost when you reconfigure the clamav-freshclam package +# This file is auto-generated by openmediavault (https://www.openmediavault.org) +# WARNING: Do not edit this file, your changes will get lost. + DatabaseOwner clamav UpdateLogFile /var/log/clamav/freshclam.log @@ -7,7 +8,7 @@ LogSyslog false LogFacility LOG_LOCAL6 LogFileMaxSize 0 -LogRotate true +LogRotate false LogTime true Foreground false Debug false @@ -22,7 +23,5 @@ SafeBrowsing false Bytecode true NotifyClamd /etc/clamav/clamd.conf -# 

.. and also the window with the errors are misformatet without linebreaks.. extremly heavy to read and to analyze ...

Update:

I have install ClamAV via console as root... now it works...

Greetz

Micha

Translation from my Avatar: To err is human. But to build real shit you need a computer

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von M*I*B ()

• .. and the next problem:

I have connect an USB3 drive I use vor backup and like to copy all back to the NAS right now. I have mountet the drive and then I open a console and try to use MC for copy.. But where the hell are the mounts? Not in /mnt ... :cursing:

Have found it ... Why is it not in /mnt ? Is there a special need to plave it in /srv ?

Greetz

Micha

• Offizieller Beitrag

.. and the next problem:

I have connect an USB3 drive I use vor backup and like to copy all back to the NAS right now. I have mountet the drive and then I open a console and try to use MC for copy.. But where the hell are the mounts? Not in /mnt ... :cursing:

Have found it ... Why is it not in /mnt ? Is there a special need to plave it in /srv ?

Yes, /mnt is only used for temporary mounted filesystems, e.g. if you copy something to your USB disk and remove it immediatelly. /srv is used for permanent mounted filesystems, and a NAS normally containes filesystems that are permanently mounted.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filesystem_Hierarchy_Standard

• .. ty for the answer.. Was new for me and learned some...

But I'm not ready.. Next problem...

It isn't possible to copy back the data to the shares from the external USB3. Many, many read errors on the mainscreen (the physicaly connectet screen) if the drive is plugged on an UBB3- port, internal driver error if the drive is connected at an USB2 port.

Backup & restore from an external drive is one of the main topics that must work in any situation ...

Greetz

Micha

• Offizieller Beitrag

.. ty for the answer.. Was new for me and learned some...

But I'm not ready.. Next problem...

It isn't possible to copy back the data to the shares from the external USB3. Many, many read errors on the mainscreen (the physicaly connectet screen) if the drive is plugged on an UBB3- port, internal driver error if the drive is connected at an USB2 port.

Backup & restore from an external drive is one of the main topics that must work in any situation ...

If there are read errors displayed on the main screen, then you have a serious problem with your hardware which is out of the scope of the OMV project. The reason why the kernel displayes errors is varied, e.g. the disk is erroneous.

• ... the disk is perfect and brand new (WD-RED). Also the Board, Ports and Docking is well due it works like a charme if only an fresh installed Buster or the former installed XigmaNAS running.

Greetz

Micha

• Update:

I have install ClamAV via console as root... now it works...

Could you please describe what you have done in detail?

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• shure ...

connect a USB3 dockingstation to the NAS with the backup-drive (WD-RED), mount them and check if I have access to it; no problems. I can browse the files and folders in a SSH-shell and also with MC in a SSH-shell.

Now I try to copy the whole stuff back to the nas in a SSH-shell with MC. Looks like ok at this point. tel it run and go to the NAS, seeing the many errors running the screen fast... Go back to my workplace and stop the copy... Take a look at the shares and missing many files...

Meanwhile I have try to connect the backup- drive directly over an empty SAS- slot. This doesn't work also due the drive is not visible for mounting, also not after reboot twice ...

EDIT:

Seems to be that OMV can't handle NTFS right! The Backup- Drive is now direct connected to the SAS and the same read- errors comes up.

Conclusion: There is nothing wrong with the USB nor the Docking and also nothing wrong with the drive itself...

Greetz

Micha

• Seems to be that OMV can't handle NTFS right!

It can.

My USB backup drive is formatted in NTFS so in case of disasters I can read it from my PC.

I am using the backup plugin which automates everything, and it works perfectly.

OMV BUILD - MY NAS KILLER - OMV 6.x + omvextrasorg (updated automatically every week)

NAS Specs: Core i3-8300 - ASRock H370M-ITX/ac - 16GB RAM - Sandisk Ultra Flair 32GB (OMV), 256GB NVME SSD (Docker Apps), Several HDDs (Data) w/ SnapRAID - Fractal Design Node 304 - Be quiet! Pure Power 11 350W

My all-in-one SnapRAID script!

• so in case of disasters I can read it from my PC.

... that right the way I'm thinking. But here it doesn't work. Maybe my hardware are to special / to HighEnd that the driver aren't able to handle that right. I will take a look at the manufactures side if there an driver for USB aviable... If so, then I will try this. Meanwhile I copy it back by network... Ready next week I think :cursing:

BTW: The Backup- Plugin is not useable to restore by folderpairs. You can only chose the source-drive but not an folder in it ...

Greetz

Micha

• .. just forget it ... I just create an RestoreJob and now OMV runs in a Bootloop ...

Sorry to say but this system isn't useable for my needs. To unstable, missing some basics and all together to much hassle with that. I will go back to XigmaNAS. That needs more hardware (and money) power but running well and stable ...

Ty all who helped me and TC all...

Greetz

Micha

• Offizieller Beitrag

.. just forget it ... I just create an RestoreJob and now OMV runs in a Bootloop ...

Sorry to say but this system isn't useable for my needs. To unstable, missing some basics and all together to much hassle with that. I will go back to XigmaNAS. That needs more hardware (and money) power but running well and stable ...

Ty all who helped me and TC all...

I don’t think it’s on OMV, I assume your hardware isn’t supported very well by the Linux kernel (which is out of control of the OMV project).

Nevertheless good luck with XigmaNAS, which by the way is a child of FreeNAS which was developed and maintained by myself, but all copyright notices has been removed (which breaks the license for all code developed by myself, so I am not sure what the consequences of this is for this project).

• ... the hardware works well if there is a plain Debian-Buster. The problems comes up with OMV so I think while installing OMV there was some changed in the base system...

Anyway... I need a NAS that I haven't to touch is it running... Time is expensive and I'm not the youngest one...

Xigma... ok, we will see. But at the moment it's just the best alternative way ...

Greetz

Micha

• shure ...

Sorry, but I have meant what you have done to solve the CLAMAV problem, not how you have copied the files with MC.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• to solve the CLAMAV problem,

.. I just install ClamAV via SSH like a standard Debain by APT.. Reboot after then and all was well with ClamAV. Seems to be a bug in the Plugin- Script...

Greetz

Micha

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!