Remove CIFS file share limit ?

• I have two OMV v5.5.3 installations running on seperate servers, both provide CIFS/SMB file share services to my Windows 10 PCs. One of these servers seems to have a limit of 5GB per share despite having approx 2.5TB of free space of the disk array being used for the shared folders being shared via CIFS/SMB. Windows reports each share as full (at 5GB) when there seems to be ample free space available on the OMV server. The other server has 3 TB free space and the CIFS shares from that server report the full amount of free space available through Windows when accessing the share. I have no disk quotas enabled on either server.

How can I remove the 5GB limit on the first server to make all the free space available to use in Windows ?

Thanks for any help..

Chris

• I have solved this problem myself.

As noted above I do not use Disk Quotas and I confirmed this via the OVM File Systems page which showed all quotas as zero (ie not used). The server in question had a complete fresh installation when V5 was released and as far as I can remember I haven't played about with disk quotas since. To check out if Disk Quotas were indeed part of the problem I set the quota for the user account used to access these shares to 1TB and saved the settings. The Windows shares immediately showed the changed to being allocated 1TB of space and now had some free space too. I went back to the Disk Quota settings and changed then all back to zero and saved the settings. Now the shares in Windows showed the full array size as I wanted and had plenty of free space.

As I note above I don't remember doing anything with the Disk Quota settings since the fresh V5 installation as its something I have never used before, nor should there have been anything carried forward from previous installs with a complete fresh installation. However resetting the disk quotas to zero has indeed solved the problem for me.

Chris

• ceejayemm

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • ceejayemm

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!