can't pull an image on portioner

• This belongs to the error. I couldn't post it together because it's too long:

After that I tried to ping 8.8.8.8 and this is working:

• Offizieller Beitrag

You probably forgot to burry chicken bones under the front porch. Sometimes Voodoo helps.

I’m sorry but you have exhausted my limited tool box. Hopefully someone will step in who is more able to read your tea leaves.

I can’t tell you how many times I had to reinstall when I first started out.

Good luck.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• @daniel0319

Pinging an IP address successfully tells you that you have functioning networking, and for an IP address out on the internet, it says you have working internet.

Pinging a host by name successfully as in the above tells you that you have working DNS resolution too.

Reinstalling OMV is probably the most often suggested solution for a lot of problems, but in many, many cases way overkill and not guaranteed to solve any particular problem.

Broken DNS name resolution is frequently with OMV 5. I struggled with it immediately after upgrading from OMV 4. Eventually it corrected itself and I do not know what the solution was. The symptom was that the /etc/resolv.conf file was either missing entirely or did not contain any DNS server numeric IPs. You should check for this and put a few DNS servers in the file if there aren't any. This will get you working again (if this was in fact your problem) and you can then concentrate on finding a solution that doesn't involve an unnecessary reinstall.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Okay I tried to set a nameserver in the resolv.conf file.

I was wondering because now I have the nameserver 192.178.168.230, which is my pihole. But when I try to set up an additional server or replace the existing with a new one it wont get saved after a restart of the server.

• Is your pihole showing the requests?

Greetings

David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!