can't pull an image on portioner

• Hello everyone,

I have a problem I get the following error when I try to pull the image linuximage/plex.

To my setup:

OMV 5.4.7-1

Docker Container:

Portainer 1.24.0

Pihole 5.0

watchtower

I want to install plex as my media server.

Would be nice if someone can help me.

Thank you

• Hello everyone,

I have a problem I get the following error when I try to pull the image linuximage/plex.

Where did you get linuximage/plex from? There is no such thing.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• It looks like your machine has no working DNS available to it. Can you ping any sites by name?

Also it's not unusual at all for the docker hubs to have transient outages. Have you tried pulling again?

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• You mean ping from the Portainer machine?

Okay I get the following feedback:

Ping to the router was no problem.

Code
    root@NAS:~# ping www.google.com
    ping: www.google.com: Name or service not known
  • You have no working DNS on the machine you pinged from.

--

• Could the reason be the pihole which is working as a DNS in my network?

The the pihole is a container on the OMV machine.

I a thinking about putting pihole on a separate raspberry pi.

Edit: Something is wrong on my setup. The file dhcpcd.conf is completely empty. Is that normal? I tried to setup the DNS manually.

• I don't use pihole, but it is a proxy for DNS. So maybe any problems with it at the root of it.

Does DNS work on you rother machines that are using pihole?

--

• Post the contents of your /etc/resolv.conf file.

--

• Okay That seams a Problem, right?

• Try repairing this by using the Network section in OMV, Interfaces tab. Edit the interface and supply some DNS servers there,

--

• Okay I tried and received the following error :(

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run systemd-networkd 2>&1' with exit code '1': raspberrypi: ---------- ID: configure_etc_network_interfaces Function: file.managed Name: /etc/network/interfaces Result: True Comment: File /etc/network/interfaces is in the correct state Started: 16:08:02.653284 Duration: 63.189 ms Changes: ---------- ID: remove_systemd_networkd_config_files Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: [] Started: 16:08:02.717960 Duration: 3.097 ms Changes: ---------- file.find: ---------- ID: remove_empty_systemd_networkd_config_files Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: [] Started: 16:08:02.721358 Duration: 1.894 ms Changes: ---------- file.find: ---------- ID: remove_netplan_config_files Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: ['/etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml', '/etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml'] Started: 16:08:02.723532 Duration: 3.151 ms Changes: ---------- file.find: - /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml - /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml ---------- ID: configure_netplan_default Function: file.managed Name: /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml Result: True Comment: File /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml updated Started: 16:08:02.726979 Duration: 18.685 ms Changes: ---------- diff: New file mode: 0644 ---------- ID: configure_netplan_ethernet_eth0 Function: file.managed Name: /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml Result: True Comment: File /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml updated Started: 16:08:02.745958 Duration: 66.404 ms Changes: ---------- diff: New file mode: 0644 ---------- ID: apply_netplan_config Function: cmd.run Name: netplan apply Result: False Comment: Command "netplan apply" run Started: 16:08:02.814033 Duration: 316.267 ms Changes: ---------- pid: 17234 retcode: 1 stderr: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/sbin/netplan", line 23, in <module> netplan.main() File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/core.py", line 50, in main self.run_command() File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/utils.py", line 130, in run_command self.func() File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/commands/apply.py", line 43, in run self.run_command() File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/utils.py", line 130, in run_command self.func() File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/commands/apply.py", line 93, in command_apply stderr=subprocess.DEVNULL) File "/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 347, in check_call raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd) subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['udevadm', 'test-builtin', 'net_setup_link', '/sys/class/net/lo']' returned non-zero exit status 1. stdout: Summary for raspberrypi ------------ Succeeded: 6 (changed=6) Failed: 1 ------------ Total states run: 7 Total run time: 472.687 ms
  • I dunno. For now edit /etc/resolv.conf and add a name server or two there.

--

• Offizieller Beitrag

I may have misunderstood your setup, but don’t use your Pi-Hole’s address as DNS resolver for the server that hosts it. Use something like 8.8.8.8. Like I say, I may have misunderstood.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• My pihole has a separate ip Adresse but runs on the NAS server as a container on Portainer.

For example:

NAS 111.111.111.20

Pihole 111.111.111.200

Why should I use the pihole as a dns resolver. I thought that’s the reason to use pihole?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Could the reason be the pihole which is working as a DNS in my network?

The the pihole is a container on the OMV machine.

I a thinking about putting pihole on a separate raspberry pi.

Edit: Something is wrong on my setup. The file dhcpcd.conf is completely empty. Is that normal? I tried to setup the DNS manually.

Quoting from the top of the second page of this Pi-hole how-to "To insure that any potential issues with Pi-Hole do not interfere with the OMV host/server, a direct DNS server entry should be configured in OMV as follows: Under System, Network, click on Interfaces, and Edit."

Now this is an OMV 4 how-to, but in any case, I never give any of my servers my Pi-hole address as a DNS server. The purpose of Pi-hole is to block ads on your desktop machines. We may be talking past one another. I don't know, but it may be why you are having trouble with Portainer.

• Okay I understand what you mean. I tried it with 8.8.8.8 on the network section on OMV Webif. But I still get an error:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run systemd-networkd 2>&1' with exit code '1': raspberrypi: ---------- ID: configure_etc_network_interfaces Function: file.managed Name: /etc/network/interfaces Result: True Comment: File /etc/network/interfaces is in the correct state Started: 18:18:20.472159 Duration: 61.515 ms Changes: ---------- ID: remove_systemd_networkd_config_files Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: [] Started: 18:18:20.535132 Duration: 2.502 ms Changes: ---------- file.find: ---------- ID: remove_empty_systemd_networkd_config_files Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: [] Started: 18:18:20.537927 Duration: 1.847 ms Changes: ---------- file.find: ---------- ID: remove_netplan_config_files Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: ['/etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml', '/etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml'] Started: 18:18:20.540050 Duration: 2.549 ms Changes: ---------- file.find: - /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml - /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml ---------- ID: configure_netplan_default Function: file.managed Name: /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml Result: True Comment: File /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml updated Started: 18:18:20.542890 Duration: 16.361 ms Changes: ---------- diff: New file mode: 0644 ---------- ID: configure_netplan_ethernet_eth0 Function: file.managed Name: /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml Result: True Comment: File /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml updated Started: 18:18:20.559546 Duration: 64.961 ms Changes: ---------- diff: New file mode: 0644 ---------- ID: apply_netplan_config Function: cmd.run Name: netplan apply Result: False Comment: Command "netplan apply" run Started: 18:18:20.626143 Duration: 279.893 ms Changes: ---------- pid: 13434 retcode: 1 stderr: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/sbin/netplan", line 23, in <module> netplan.main() File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/core.py", line 50, in main self.run_command() File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/utils.py", line 130, in run_command self.func() File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/commands/apply.py", line 43, in run self.run_command() File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/utils.py", line 130, in run_command self.func() File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/commands/apply.py", line 93, in command_apply stderr=subprocess.DEVNULL) File "/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 347, in check_call raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd) subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['udevadm', 'test-builtin', 'net_setup_link', '/sys/class/net/lo']' returned non-zero exit status 1. stdout: Summary for raspberrypi ------------ Succeeded: 6 (changed=6) Failed: 1 ------------ Total states run: 7 Total run time: 429.628 ms
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Try rebooting your server and clearing your browser’s cache and then try to download the image. If that doesn’t work remove and reinstall Portainer and then have a go at it. These things can’t hurt. Make sure you are spelling the image name correctly.

• I tried what you wrote but I had no luck. Still the same error.

I tried to reinstall the portainer but receive the following error:

"DNS error. Exiting"

Then I found these thread: DNS error. Exiting ...

I tried omg-firstaid and still get an error:

I'm a bit frustrated now. I very close the reinstall all again.

Zitat

{'response': None, 'error': {'code': 0, 'message': 'Failed to execute command \'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run systemd-networkd 2>&1\' with exit code \'1\': raspberrypi:\n----------\n ID: configure_etc_network_interfaces\n Function: file.managed\n Name: /etc/network/interfaces\n Result: True\n Comment: File /etc/network/interfaces is in the correct state\n Started: 21:54:54.211519\n Duration: 63.19 ms\n Changes:\n----------\n ID: remove_systemd_networkd_config_files\n Function: module.run\n Result: True\n Comment: file.find: []\n Started: 21:54:54.276182\n Duration: 2.419 ms\n Changes:\n ----------\n file.find:\n----------\n ID: remove_empty_systemd_networkd_config_files\n Function: module.run\n Result: True\n Comment: file.find: []\n Started: 21:54:54.278967\n Duration: 1.886 ms\n Changes:\n ----------\n file.find:\n----------\n ID: remove_netplan_config_files\n Function: module.run\n Result: True\n Comment: file.find: [\'/etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml\', \'/etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml\']\n Started: 21:54:54.281128\n Duration: 2.527 ms\n Changes:\n ----------\n file.find:\n - /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml\n - /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml\n----------\n ID: configure_netplan_default\n Function: file.managed\n Name: /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml\n Result: True\n Comment: File /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml updated\n Started: 21:54:54.283944\n Duration: 17.127 ms\n Changes:\n ----------\n diff:\n New file\n mode:\n 0644\n----------\n ID: configure_netplan_ethernet_eth0\n Function: file.managed\n Name: /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml\n Result: True\n Comment: File /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml updated\n Started: 21:54:54.301366\n Duration: 61.952 ms\n Changes:\n ----------\n diff:\n New file\n mode:\n 0644\n----------\n ID: apply_netplan_config\n Function: cmd.run\n Name: netplan apply\n Result: False\n Comment: Command "netplan apply" run\n Started: 21:54:54.365059\n Duration: 304.489 ms\n Changes:\n ----------\n pid:\n 4502\n retcode:\n 1\n stderr:\n Traceback (most recent call last):\n File "/usr/sbin/netplan", line 23, in <module>\n netplan.main()\n File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/core.py", line 50, in main\n self.run_command()\n File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/utils.py", line 130, in run_command\n self.func()\n File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/commands/apply.py", line 43, in run\n self.run_command()\n File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/utils.py", line 130, in run_command\n self.func()\n File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/commands/apply.py", line 93, in command_apply\n stderr=subprocess.DEVNULL)\n File "/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 347, in check_call\n raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)\n subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command \'[\'udevadm\', \'test-builtin\', \'net_setup_link\', \'/sys/class/net/lo\']\' returned non-zero exit status 1.\n stdout:\n\nSummary for raspberrypi\n------------\nSucceeded: 6 (changed=6)\nFailed: 1\n------------\nTotal states run: 7\nTotal run time: 453.590 ms', 'trace': 'OMV\\ExecException: Failed to execute command \'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run systemd-networkd 2>&1\' with exit code \'1\': raspberrypi:\n----------\n ID: configure_etc_network_interfaces\n Function: file.managed\n Name: /etc/network/interfaces\n Result: True\n Comment: File /etc/network/interfaces is in the correct state\n Started: 21:54:54.211519\n Duration: 63.19 ms\n Changes:\n----------\n ID: remove_systemd_networkd_config_files\n Function: module.run\n Result: True\n Comment: file.find: []\n Started: 21:54:54.276182\n Duration: 2.419 ms\n Changes:\n ----------\n file.find:\n----------\n ID: remove_empty_systemd_networkd_config_files\n Function: module.run\n Result: True\n Comment: file.find: []\n Started: 21:54:54.278967\n Duration: 1.886 ms\n Changes:\n ----------\n file.find:\n----------\n ID: remove_netplan_config_files\n Function: module.run\n Result: True\n Comment: file.find: [\'/etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml\', \'/etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml\']\n Started: 21:54:54.281128\n Duration: 2.527 ms\n Changes:\n ----------\n file.find:\n - /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml\n - /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml\n----------\n ID: configure_netplan_default\n Function: file.managed\n Name: /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml\n Result: True\n Comment: File /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml updated\n Started: 21:54:54.283944\n Duration: 17.127 ms\n Changes:\n ----------\n diff:\n New file\n mode:\n 0644\n----------\n ID: configure_netplan_ethernet_eth0\n Function: file.managed\n Name: /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml\n Result: True\n Comment: File /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml updated\n Started: 21:54:54.301366\n Duration: 61.952 ms\n Changes:\n ----------\n diff:\n New file\n mode:\n 0644\n----------\n ID: apply_netplan_config\n Function: cmd.run\n Name: netplan apply\n Result: False\n Comment: Command "netplan apply" run\n Started: 21:54:54.365059\n Duration: 304.489 ms\n Changes:\n ----------\n pid:\n 4502\n retcode:\n 1\n stderr:\n Traceback (most recent call last):\n File "/usr/sbin/netplan", line 23, in <module>\n netplan.main()\n File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/core.py", line 50, in main\n self.run_command()\n File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/utils.py", line 130, in run_command\n self.func()\n File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/commands/apply.py", line 43, in run\n self.run_command()\n File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/utils.py", line 130, in run_command\n self.func()\n File "/usr/share/netplan/netplan/cli/commands/apply.py", line 93, in command_apply\n stderr=subprocess.DEVNULL)\n File "/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 347, in check_call\n raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)\n subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command \'[\'udevadm\', \'test-builtin\', \'net_setup_link\', \'/sys/class/net/lo\']\' returned non-zero exit status 1.\n stdout:\n\nSummary for raspberrypi\n------------\nSucceeded: 6 (changed=6)\nFailed: 1\n------------\nTotal states run: 7\nTotal run time: 453.590 ms in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182\nStack trace:\n#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/engine/module/serviceabstract.inc(60): OMV\\System\\Process->execute()\n#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(167): OMV\\Engine\\Module\\ServiceAbstract->deploy()\n#2 [internal function]: Engined\\Rpc\\Config->applyChanges(Array, Array)\n#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\\Rpc\\ServiceAbstract->callMethod(\'applyChanges\', Array, Array)\n#5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\\Rpc\\Rpc::call(\'Config\', \'applyChanges\', Array, Array, 1)\n#6 {main}', 'http_status_code': 500}}

ERROR: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run systemd-networkd 2>&1' with exit code '1': raspberrypi:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!