Loosing my mind trying to get containers through a VPN with WEBGUI.

• I feel like I have to be missing something VERY simple here as to why this just quite literally -not- work for me.

Let me clarify: I have followed numerous tutorials online, numerous docker compose files, just everything I can find and it still does not work for me. (Containers cannot connect to network, except for the VPN container. Also no WEBUI)

My Setup:

Running OMV5 in a ProxMox VM.

Let me know the output of anything you need specifically. Below I've copied and pasted my docker-compose file.

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP AND THANKS TO TechnoDadLife for creating this tutorial, it is by far the most simple!

Tutorial I'm referencing:

My docker compose file (with sensitive information blocked, anything with 'MY ZYX' is correct on my compose file.

Once again: THANK YOU.

This is the output from the transmission container: Seems it just cannot connect to the network.

After this is just keeps trying to bootstrap from dht.transmissionbt.com I'm assuming because it cannot connect?

Update: I am able to get forwarding, and a UI when I set the VPN's network type to host vs bridged. However, once I do that, I can no longer modify the ports that you access the transmission web UI from. Any help?

• networknanny

Changed the title of the thread from “Followed an easy TechnoDadLife tutoial, now I'm pulling my hair out [Networking]” to “Unable to forward ports [Networking]”.
  • networknanny

Changed the title of the thread from “Unable to forward ports [Networking]” to “Loosing my mind trying to get containers through a VPN with WEBGUI.”.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!