Can't execute from shared folders

• While using Win10, I'm trying to run .exe files from folders shared with SMB/CIFS, but I keep getting this kind of error:

JLZIpay.png

Wherever I look in OMV control panel I can only find the configuration of read/write permissions. I have 2 user accounts in OMV and basically want them to do whatever they want with those shares. How can I do that?

• Data drives are mounted with "noexec" option. You can check if it is working when you mount it with "exec". There are some threads about this how to do it.

RE: Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced

https://openmediavault.readthe…m-environmental-variables

• macom thank you for your reply.

I've followed the instructions from TDL's video (removed the noexec attribute, saved, rebooted), deleted all shared folders from SMB/CIFS and "Shared folders", then shared them again, but the problem remains.

Following additional checks from the second link here's what i got:

1. /etc/openmediavault/config.xml

2. /etc/fstab

3. cat /proc/mounts

In the last part there's an 'rw' attribute in these lines:

Code
    /dev/sda1 /srv/dev-disk-by-label-3tb ext4 rw,relatime,jqfmt=vfsv0,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group 0 0
    /dev/sdc1 /srv/dev-disk-by-label-1tb ext4 rw,relatime,jqfmt=vfsv0,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group 0 0

Could this be the problem? Any other ideas?

• Is the executable bit set on file system level?

How do I do that? (I'm fairly new to linux systems).

Meanwhile, I followed the guide from one of your previous links and i added the line

Code
    OMV_FSTAB_MNTOPS_EXT4="defaults,nofail,user_xattr,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0"

to /etc/default/openmediavault, so now when I mount my ext4 drives, there's no 'noexec' attribute by deafault. The problem is still there.

Another thought. Could the problem be that OMV overrides access rights to R/W only when you set up a folder to share?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!