• Does the OMV server not recognize the 2 SSDs installed. until yesterday everything was fine. OMV is installed on raspberry pi4.

Please help me

From Modena, Italy

Raspberry PI4 4GB width Domoticz

Foxconn Nettop NT-3500 width OMW5+ 1TB SDD

• scusa OMV5, il problema è che avevo montato 2 SSD, uno da 550 GB e l'altro da 1 TB, e tutto andava bene. Poi all'improvviso sono scomparsi e non riesco più a vederli collegati. Ho anche provato a spegnere il lampone, a disconnetterli e riconnetterli, ma non sono più visibili. Il file system è presente su omv5 ma non rileva l'sd. Che cosa posso fare?

From Modena, Italy

• Offizieller Beitrag

"Sorry OMV5, the problem was that I'd mounted 2 SSDs, one 550 GB and the other 1 TB, and everything was fine. Then suddenly they disappeared and I can't see them connected anymore. I also tried to turn off the raspberry, disconnect them and reconnect them, but they are no longer visible. The file system is on omv5 but doesn't detect the sd. What can I do?"

Are you using a USB to SATA bridge for the drives, another common problem is under powering of the RPI, have tried booting with just one drive attached.

• "Sorry OMV5, the problem was that I'd mounted 2 SSDs, one 550 GB and the other 1 TB, and everything was fine. Then suddenly they disappeared and I can't see them connected anymore. I also tried to turn off the raspberry, disconnect them and reconnect them, but they are no longer visible. The file system is on omv5 but doesn't detect the sd. What can I do?"

Are you using a USB to SATA bridge for the drives, another common problem is under powering of the RPI, have tried booting with just one drive attached.

HY geaves,with 1 ssd you can see in the disk section, but if I try to go to ACL, I get this error: Failed to execute command 'export PATH = / bin: / sbin: / usr / bin: / usr / sbin: / usr / local / bin: / usr / local / sbin; export LANG = C.UTF-8; getfacl --no-effective --access - '/ srv / dev-disk-by-label-NAS1CASA / SSD1 /' 2> & 1 'with exit code' 1 ': getfacl: / srv / dev-disk-by- label-NAS1CASA / SSD1 /: No such file or directory

From Modena, Italy

• You apply an acl if necessary to share, have you created a share on that drive

This message is from ACL. i have a shared folder on this ssd. now i have connected the ssd to a pc cpn ubuntu and i can read all the files saved inside, so the problem is on omv5, can i try to delete and redo the shared folders? how do i delete the memory of this installation on omv5?

From Modena, Italy

• Offizieller Beitrag

so the problem is on omv5

Not necessarily, the issue can still be under powering on the RPI, this error No such file or directory tells you that it cannot locate/find the share in question.

i have connected the ssd to a pc cpn ubuntu and i can read all the files

Highly probable as the PC has an appropriate power supply and is capable of supplying sufficient power through the USB connection.

can i try to delete and redo the shared folders? how do i delete the memory of this installation on omv5

Yes but you have to do things in reverse, so if the share is referenced in SMB delete that first, then Shared Folders, select the share then click delete on the menu, make sure you then select Share and not Share + Content

• BTW how have you installed OMV as this will require Raspbian to be installed first

first raspi lite,and after

wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/install | sudo bash

From Modena, Italy

• Not necessarily, the issue can still be under powering on the RPI, this error No such file or directory tells you that it cannot locate/find the share in question.

Highly probable as the PC has an appropriate power supply and is capable of supplying sufficient power through the USB connection.

Yes but you have to do things in reverse, so if the share is referenced in SMB delete that first, then Shared Folders, select the share then click delete on the menu, make sure you then select Share and not Share + Content

i can try this to usb power supply

https://www.amazon.it/Atolla-I…h&sr=8-8&tag=firefoxit-21

From Modena, Italy

• Offizieller Beitrag

i can try this to usb power supply

You try that, there are mixed views on whether a powered usb hub should be used, but there was a user on here posted a link to his RPI set up using 5/6 hard drives, but he was using a specific usb charging hub which also allowed him to power the Pi from as well.

• You try that, there are mixed views on whether a powered usb hub should be used, but there was a user on here posted a link to his RPI set up using 5/6 hard drives, but he was using a specific usb charging hub which also allowed him to power the Pi from as well.

Code
    you can post the link to the discussion, thanks

From Modena, Italy

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!