Watch on my tv all the content on my NAS

• Hi,

So I installed a OMV on a RPI PI, created shared folders, shared them in different protocols like DNLA and SMB/Cifs (both activated). Folder are visible from my iMac

But I can't find anything on my LG TV, neither in the media section or any app on de LG store which can access to the nas.

It's a recent LG smartTV Oled with webOS. Any suggestion?

• use miniDLNA on your server and remember to add the shared folder.

On your TV you must see a new imput like DLNA nor HDMI1,

You can see multimedia content in this easy way.

You can of course install Plex on your NAS and plex on your LG TV and see the same content but more user frienly.

• To use Plex you need to:

Install Plex Media Server on your NAS

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Install Plex Media Server on your NAS

Yeah I was watching this:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

But I can't even find the first page where he looks fox plex, I Have docker installed but no docker laber under "Services"

• Please, always specify the version of OMV you are using by tagging the post.

If the video was made for OMV 4 and you are using OMV 5, this would explain you why you can't find Docker under Services.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• If you just want to play back files from your NAS, miniDLNA is totally sufficient.

On my LG TV (from 2018) pressing the

button, (in the middle underneath the cursor keys)

shows my "<name>-MiniDLNA" server.

You must have added shares to the miniDLNA/shares section.

If you see your miniDLNA server and shares but no content, check the permissions on share level.

Cheers,

Thomas

• The vast majority of all problems with Plex are related to not having the proper permissions on the media files such that the user the Plex docker runs as can read those files.

You can expect similar problems with any docker that needs to read user files.

--

• Regarding miniDLNA ...

do have a mobile device (smart phone) which might be able to detect and playback content from your miniDLNA server ?

(I'm using BubbleUPNP on android)

Cheers,

Thomas

• Regarding miniDLNA ...

do have a mobile device (smart phone) which might be able to detect and playback content from your miniDLNA server ?

I downloaded and tested I (in parameters I gave the auth to scan for dnla servers) and I can see my server :) thanks for the tip. Still nothing on TV

Is your Drive in NTFS format ? I don't think you can set permissions on a NTFS drive.

Can you show us your mapping configuration in Portainer ?

I guess you want to see this?

8NmMR4e.png

WexdrTB.png

Also here is my drive:

mxsk4Hj.png

And I can see see this on my mac:

zSpGek5.png

• Just to be sure, in Shared Folders on OMV, show us the absolute path (you can enable it by right clic > absoluth path), but everythong seems ok on the mapping. I'm also a beginner, so sorry to not help you better.

You can switch OMV language to Italian if you want

• Just to be sure, in Shared Folders on OMV, show us the absolute path (you can enable it by right clic > absoluth path), but everythong seems ok on the mapping. I'm also a beginner, so sorry to not help you better.

Here is the shared folders:

Yes I know for italian but I also speak french and english. I put in english for a better understainding with all of you

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!