Update procedure for 2.2.14 Stoneburner to the latest version

• Hello all.

I have used OMV for a long time and left it on 2.2.14 Stone burner because it simply works.

I've convinced myself it's time to update/upgrade to a newer/latest version.

The main reason is SMB and Windows 10 2004 issues I've been having recently.

After reading on this forum I understand that I cannot update/upgrade directly to the latest version as it's approximately 3 releases old.

What I would like is some guidance to check:-

What setup I have

What, if any, config backups might be useful/necessary even if only for reference

Then if possible and not asking too much I'd like some instructions on the process to install the latest version without losing access to my data.

Regards,

Shotgun25

• The /etc/openmediavault/config.xml file might be useful for reference purposes only.

Taking copious notes about your configuration and screenshots will probably be helpful.

Install OMV 5 from iso image after disconnecting your data drives. Reconnect data drives, and configure from scratch referring to your notes and screenshots.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Install OMV 5 from iso image after disconnecting your data drives. Reconnect data drives, and configure from scratch referring to your notes and screenshots.

Thanks gderf.

So you mean similar to this recommendation?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!