Problems mounting two disks

• Hi,

I'm having trouble mounting disks in OMV.

sdb -- this was working in OMV 3 before I did a fresh install of OMV 5

sdc -- this wasn't mounting in OMV 3.

In the web interface, disks sees the following (sorry for the huge image):

MP6cAgo.png

file systems sees this

hQml4Yu.png

notice that file systems sees devices that Disks does not see.

On the commandline, I have this information:

Code
    $ blkid
    /dev/mmcblk0p1: LABEL_FATBOOT="boot" LABEL="boot" UUID="592B-C92C" TYPE="vfat" PARTUUID="8e92d448-01"
    /dev/mmcblk0p2: LABEL="rootfs" UUID="706944a6-7d0f-4a45-9f8c-7fb07375e9f7" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="8e92d448-02"
    /dev/sda1: UUID="0012-D687" TYPE="vfat"
    /dev/sdc2: LABEL="Seagate Backup Plus Drive" UUID="4644636B44635CA5" TYPE="ntfs" PTTYPE="atari" PARTLABEL="Basic data partition" PARTUUID="cd03214c-767f-4473-84a6-7f99999521f5"
    /dev/sdb1: LABEL="2-ext4" UUID="a8b2073b-f14f-4987-b966-aeafb72b0254" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="c940b2af-01"

I can do sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt temporarily with no errors

I can mount sdc2 with no errors

sda1 is mounted by OMV to /srv/dev-disk-by-id-usb-SMI_USB_DISK-0-0-part1

Trying to mount sdb1 in the web interface gives the following errors:

Error #0:
    OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; mount -v --source '/dev/disk/by-label/2-ext4' 2>&1' with exit code '32': mount: /srv/dev-disk-by-id-usb-SMI_USB_DISK-0-0-part1: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/filesystem.inc(738): OMV\System\Process->execute()
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc(931): OMV\System\Filesystem\Filesystem->mount()
    #2 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->mount(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('mount', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('FileSystemMgmt', 'mount', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

Trying to mount sdc2 gives me the following errors:

Error #0:
    OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; mount -v --source '/dev/disk/by-label/2-ext4' 2>&1' with exit code '32': mount: /srv/dev-disk-by-id-usb-SMI_USB_DISK-0-0-part1: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/filesystem.inc(738): OMV\System\Process->execute()
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc(931): OMV\System\Filesystem\Filesystem->mount()
    #2 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->mount(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('mount', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('FileSystemMgmt', 'mount', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

Please let me know if there's anything for me to try. :)

• sdc is an ntfs drive and has spaces in the label remove the spaces.

sdb could be a problem with drive space, the obvious here would be to backup the data and start again

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

• Hey Continuing this, I'm going to try wiping the drive and starting again.

The "Delete" button is grayed out on the filesystem I want to delete. Can I go ahead and wipe the whole drive, or will that mess up the File Systems section?

EDIT: Attempting to wipe the device says it is busy:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; blockdev --rereadpt '/dev/sda' 2>&1' with exit code '1': blockdev: ioctl error on BLKRRPART : Device or resource busy

More details:

Also, I was trying to wipe /dev/sdc, not /dev/sda...

• It is not able to mount/unmount either

?( select the drive you want to wipe then click unmount on the menu, once unmounted click delete that will remove the filesystem for that device then you can wipe it

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

• Before you can unmount a drive, all shares and services attached to the drive have to be removed.

Under Storage, File Systems, if the line the drive is on has Yes under "Referenced", some service or a Shared Folder is still attached to the drive. Under that circumstance, it won't unmount. That's actually, a safety feature.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!