Problems mounting two disks

• Hi,

I'm having trouble mounting disks in OMV.

sdb -- this was working in OMV 3 before I did a fresh install of OMV 5

sdc -- this wasn't mounting in OMV 3.

In the web interface, disks sees the following (sorry for the huge image):

MP6cAgo.png

file systems sees this

hQml4Yu.png

notice that file systems sees devices that Disks does not see.

On the commandline, I have this information:

Code
    $ blkid
    /dev/mmcblk0p1: LABEL_FATBOOT="boot" LABEL="boot" UUID="592B-C92C" TYPE="vfat" PARTUUID="8e92d448-01"
    /dev/mmcblk0p2: LABEL="rootfs" UUID="706944a6-7d0f-4a45-9f8c-7fb07375e9f7" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="8e92d448-02"
    /dev/sda1: UUID="0012-D687" TYPE="vfat"
    /dev/sdc2: LABEL="Seagate Backup Plus Drive" UUID="4644636B44635CA5" TYPE="ntfs" PTTYPE="atari" PARTLABEL="Basic data partition" PARTUUID="cd03214c-767f-4473-84a6-7f99999521f5"
    /dev/sdb1: LABEL="2-ext4" UUID="a8b2073b-f14f-4987-b966-aeafb72b0254" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="c940b2af-01"

I can do sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt temporarily with no errors

I can mount sdc2 with no errors

sda1 is mounted by OMV to /srv/dev-disk-by-id-usb-SMI_USB_DISK-0-0-part1

Trying to mount sdb1 in the web interface gives the following errors:

Error #0:
    OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; mount -v --source '/dev/disk/by-label/2-ext4' 2>&1' with exit code '32': mount: /srv/dev-disk-by-id-usb-SMI_USB_DISK-0-0-part1: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/filesystem.inc(738): OMV\System\Process->execute()
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc(931): OMV\System\Filesystem\Filesystem->mount()
    #2 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->mount(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('mount', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('FileSystemMgmt', 'mount', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

Trying to mount sdc2 gives me the following errors:

Error #0:
    OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; mount -v --source '/dev/disk/by-label/2-ext4' 2>&1' with exit code '32': mount: /srv/dev-disk-by-id-usb-SMI_USB_DISK-0-0-part1: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/filesystem.inc(738): OMV\System\Process->execute()
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc(931): OMV\System\Filesystem\Filesystem->mount()
    #2 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->mount(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('mount', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('FileSystemMgmt', 'mount', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

Please let me know if there's anything for me to try. :)

• Hey Continuing this, I'm going to try wiping the drive and starting again.

The "Delete" button is grayed out on the filesystem I want to delete. Can I go ahead and wipe the whole drive, or will that mess up the File Systems section?

EDIT: Attempting to wipe the device says it is busy:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; blockdev --rereadpt '/dev/sda' 2>&1' with exit code '1': blockdev: ioctl error on BLKRRPART : Device or resource busy

More details:

Also, I was trying to wipe /dev/sdc, not /dev/sda...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Before you can unmount a drive, all shares and services attached to the drive have to be removed.

Under Storage, File Systems, if the line the drive is on has Yes under "Referenced", some service or a Shared Folder is still attached to the drive. Under that circumstance, it won't unmount. That's actually, a safety feature.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!