Login Socket Error

• Hi,

On my OMV5 RPI4 which I use to test new docker containers and currently have Zoneminder being tested. For a few weeks, i have been able to login the webUI no problems but now I am getting the following error:

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:141
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

I am still able to SSH and therefore searched the forum.

I've tried:

apt-get install openmediavault --reinstall

omv-engined

Tried a few different things on omv-firstaid like clear web control panel and configure web control panel

But still get the above error.

Everything else works fine (i.e. my docker containers, portainer) but just cant get into the webui.

Anything else I can try?

• Should also add that running df, shows only 23% of file system, so its not that issue

EDIT: And ran the following command

Code
     $ sudo systemctl start openmediavault-engined.service
    Failed to start openmediavault-engined.service: Unit openmediavault-engined.service is masked.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

To find out why omv-engined is not running simply go to the CLI and start it manually omv-engined -d -f. If there are errors then they will be shown. In this case post them here, otherwise stop the daemon with CTRL-C. You should also check /var/log/nginx/openmediavault-webgui_error.log for errors.

• To find out why omv-engined is not running simply go to the CLI and start it manually

/tt]. If there are errors then they will be shown. In this case post them here, otherwise stop the daemon with CTRL-C. You should also check [tt]/var/log/nginx/openmediavault-webgui_error.log for errors.

This is the error I get:

Code
    omv-engined[6479]: Failed to bind socket: Address already in use
    omv-engined[6479]:
    Failed to bind socket: Address already in use
    • Offizieller Beitrag

This is the error I get:

Code
    omv-engined[6479]: Failed to bind socket: Address already in use
    omv-engined[6479]:
    Failed to bind socket: Address already in use

The process is already running, so i don't know why logging into the UI throws the above mentioned error.

EDIT: And ran the following command

Code
     $ sudo systemctl start openmediavault-engined.service
    Failed to start openmediavault-engined.service: Unit openmediavault-engined.service is masked.

Run the commands

Code
    $ sudo systemctl unmask openmediavault-engined.service
    $ sudo systemctl restart openmediavault-engined.service
  • Thanks votdev, I am now able to get into my UI. But one thing I noticed with one of my containers (pihole), is the following error:

Code
    Starting pihole-FTL (no-daemon) as root

Not sure if this is a related issue as pihole not working now?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!