Autoshutdown plugin not working for RAID (ie /dev/md127) : any chance to have it fixed ?

• Hi All,

I was wondering why autoshutdown was not working when I had disk activity on my RAID 6.

I dig into the code and it looks like here it is taking only /dev/sd.. device :

Here is the line of code : for OMV_HDD in $(mount -l | grep /dev/sd | sed 's/.*\(sd.\).*/\1/g' | sort -u); do

Any chance to have a fix (I could do it but whenever there is an update, my modification will be erased).

or am I missing something ?

Thanks.

• fqueau

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Autoshutdown plugin not working for RAID (ie /dev/md127) : any change to have it fixed ?“ zu „Autoshutdown plugin not working for RAID (ie /dev/md127) : any chance to have it fixed ?“ geändert.
  • dig into the code and it looks like here it is taking only /dev/sd.. device :

I think, you are right.

I was wondering why autoshutdown was not working when I had disk activity on my RAID 6.

The same situation here with a ZFS pool. A running ZFS scrub is also not detected by the autoshutdown plugin. It must be detected by another method.

Therefore in your case the system activity on your raid must be detected by an alternative way (e.g. in expert mode "plugincheck"). Look at the example in the autoshutdown readme: Autoshutdown readme

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

In my opinion, if you are using any kind of raid, you need availability and would not be shutting your system down. Having to re-assemble your pool on every boot is just asking for trouble.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• In my opinion, it would still be desirable if Autoshutdown plugin could deal with raid- and ZFS-constellations (btrfs ?). Even if pure teaching says that this type of systems should run 24/7. No offence!

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

t would still be desirable if Autoshutdown plugin could deal with raid- and ZFS-constellations (btrfs ?). Even if pure teaching says that this type of systems should run 24/7. No offence!

That's fine but someone else will have to make the change. I don't even want to maintain this plugin anymore because I can't test it and it needs a lot of work that I don't want to spend time on.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I don't even want to maintain this plugin anymore

That would be a real pity, because in my opinion it is a very useful plugin.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

• Offizieller Beitrag

That would be a real pity, because in my opinion it is a very useful plugin.

How can I maintain it?

• Sorry, but I don´t understand your question.

I said it would be regrettable if the plugin is not maintained at all anymore and would therefore no longer be available in future OMV versions.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sorry, but I don´t understand your question.

I said it would be regrettable if the plugin is not maintained at all anymore and would therefore no longer be available in future OMV versions.

You said it was a pity that it wouldn't be maintained. I took that as I was making a bad decision. Therefore, I asked how would I be able to maintain if I don't use it and can't test it. That doesn't seem to be what you meant. And I should be able to make the plugin itself work with the next version of OMV if someone will maintain the script. But I need people to test the thing. There have been pull requests to fix things but I spend more time begging people to test the damn thing than I want. If this script is so important, people have to step up and test.

• Ok, I understand now. Then we have to assume that the autoshutdown plugin is no longer included in later OMV versions. The problem you describe will then obviously affect all plugins that you are not using yourself.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

• Offizieller Beitrag

hen we have to assume that the autoshutdown plugin is no longer included in later OMV versions.

No, I said I would port the plugin to future OMV versions. I just can't make sure the autoshutdown.sh script will be working correctly.

The problem you describe will then obviously affect all plugins that you are not using yourself.

If that were true, there would be almost no omv-extras plugins. I don't use most of them but I can test them. Therefore I am maintaining them.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!