Mergefs folders

• Offizieller Beitrag

How about the gui? Does it populate?

Does it load, yes, is it the right option to do, for the unionfs plugin, probably, for the mergerfs plugin probably not, using either plugin whilst they do what they are supposed to do, it cannot warn you of a missing drive, but then again neither can nofail it just allows the system to boot.

Someone said "nofail" is not an option in this case

It is not an option for mergerfs, but it does apply a 'sticking plaster' :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do we have a solution for this situation?

Try using the path /srv/dev-disk-by-label-hdd1part1/* since the plugin will not add the x-systemd.requires if there is a wildcard in the path. I will look at adding a checkbox to not add the x-systemd.requires

• any news to this ?

I installed mergerfs which works normal.

I mounted my whole disks under /srv/

Later I got problems booting my system.

First I thought it was because of a wrong rsync job,... But then I look at the log files and it has to do with missing HDDs.

After adding # at the beginning of the line in fstab created from mergerfs, I could boot normal (didn't reach the GUI, because there was no network cable connected...)

Anyway: I do a fresh install and this time I use Union Filesystems . This works too (as they are using the same backend).

But there are still x-systemd.requires in fstab and no checkbox for this in the GUI ;)

Or maybe a nofail checkbox as a 'sticking plaster' ...

So I am a bit nervous,... What happend when one HDDs get broken?

Will the system be able to boot??!

7.0.4-2 (Sandworm) // ASRock J5040-ITX with Intel(R) Pentium(R) Silver J5040 CPU @ 2.00GHz // be quiet! ATX 500W (BN46) // 2x4GB Samsung M471A5244BB0-CRC

Fractal Design Node 304 // 4-Port PCIE to SATA 3.0 ControllerCard // 1x 128GB SSD for OS and 2x 4TB, 1x 5TB and 3x 8TB HDD as one big fuse.mergerfs space (no need for raid parity)

• Offizieller Beitrag

But there are still x-systemd.requires in fstab and no checkbox for this in the GUI

I added the checkbox to the mergerfsfolders plugin in 5.1 (july 2020) - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…rfsfolders/Folder.js#L121

I didn't add this to the unionfilesystems plugin though.

Or maybe a nofail checkbox as a 'sticking plaster' ...

You can add nofail to the extra options.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I added the checkbox to the mergerfsfolders plugin in 5.1 (july 2020)

sorry for that... I have just looked at UnionFileSysteme. My fault :rolleyes:

I hope none of my HDDs will fail, but if this will happend, I hope I remember this thread and boot with nofail.

Thanks anyway: I think both plugins helped a lot of people merging there HDDs or folders :thumbup:

7.0.4-2 (Sandworm) // ASRock J5040-ITX with Intel(R) Pentium(R) Silver J5040 CPU @ 2.00GHz // be quiet! ATX 500W (BN46) // 2x4GB Samsung M471A5244BB0-CRC

Fractal Design Node 304 // 4-Port PCIE to SATA 3.0 ControllerCard // 1x 128GB SSD for OS and 2x 4TB, 1x 5TB and 3x 8TB HDD as one big fuse.mergerfs space (no need for raid parity)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!