Need Help with installation on RockPi64 Armbian [Full details inside]

• Hello,

I am trying to set up Open Media Vault on RockPi64.

I have done the following things.

Downloaded Armbian and verified the MD5 code. It came back correct.

Formated the SD card with SD Formater.

Ran h2testw to write and verify the SD Card it came back with no errors.

Formated the SD card again with SD Formater.

Burned Armbian to the SD card using Etcher.

Logged in to Armbian, updated the root password, and created a new user and password.

Rebooted armbian.

Ran sudo apt-get update, than ran sudo app-get upgrade.

Rebooted armbian, and logged in to the new user account.

Opened the terminal and ran

wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…Script/raw/master/install | sudo bash

This gives me the following output, see below.

The system seems to hang and I am unable to access the local IP of the device from the browser.

I left the system running over night just to make sure it had a chance to download everything

--2020-07-12 19:44:45-- https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…Script/raw/master/install

[sudo] password for dailyuser: Resolving github.com (github.com)... 140.82.118.3

Connecting to github.com (github.com)|140.82.118.3|:443... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found

Location: https://raw.githubusercontent.…tallScript/master/install [following]

--2020-07-12 19:44:45-- https://raw.githubusercontent.…tallScript/master/install

Resolving raw.githubusercontent.com (raw.githubusercontent.com)... 151.101.60.133

Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com (raw.githubusercontent.com)|151.101.60.133|:443... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK

Length: 14532 (14K) [text/plain]

Saving to: ‘STDOUT’

- 100%[===================>] 14.19K 34.9KB/s in 0.4s

2020-07-12 19:44:46 (34.9 KB/s) - written to stdout [14532/14532]

To sum up the problem and question,

When I run wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…Script/raw/master/install | sudo bash

My system seems to hang and I can't get to the web interface using my systems local IP.

I am looking for what I can do to over come and fix this.

• Hi aldrick

Thank you for the reply

Please can you tell me a little more about the software you have recommended?

Once I have downloaded it how do I use it?

Is it a case of unzipping it, burning it with etcher, plugging the SD card back in to the rock64 and then powering on?

Thank you for your help.

I was worried I wouldn't be able to get my system up and running.

• Hi aldrick

I hooked everything up to the power this morning, but nothing appeared on my screen, and I couldn't find an IP address for the system to log in remotely.

Please could you let me know what I should see when I hook my system up to the power?

Thank you.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Burned Armbian to the SD card using Etcher.

Back to the beginning:

1. Did you install the minimal Buster or the desktop version?
    2. We’re you following this guide?

I don’t mean to disparage the other method - I haven’t tried it - but I installed OMV5 on an Odroid XU4 a few days ago using the minimal Armbian image and the above guide and it installed with no problems. In fact I’ve done it on several different arm devices (but not the RockPi64) in recent months without any problems.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• I've got an Odroid HC2 too. I'm using Armbian for this one.

The system was always freezing on the RP64 so I went back to Ayufan's images.

Plus I've changed the PCI to SATA with another one that works better but it wasn't recognized on Armbian.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm using Armbian for this one.

1. Still, which image? Buster desktop or server? OMV5 is made to install On top of Armbian Buster server which is Debian 10. Focal and/or Bullseye are Debian 11 which isn’t even released and will not work with OMV5.
    2. I could be wrong but I cannot find a Rockpi64 or a RP64. There is a Rockpi 4 made by ROCKPI and there is a Rockpro64 made by Pine64.
    3. If you are pulling your image from the Armbian page for the Rockpro64, you need to scroll to the bottom of the page to find the Buster server download link.
    4. Good luck.
  • The system seems to hang and I am unable to access the local IP of the device from the browser.

I Use the Armbian version and I discovered that if I ran the script as the new user it always would hang at the exact point yours has , I ran the script in the root account and it would always work . Once the script finished the SBC would reboot and it is possible that a different IP will be given by the router after reboot , so check your router for the new device. I would recommend setting a static IP for your OpenMediaVault Device in your routers settings.

• 1uke_

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • Hello this is a reply for aldrick, and Agricola

aldrick - I have got it running on Armbian now with out any issue. It was a simple process, see my reply below for what I think was the issue.

Agricola Thank you for your helpful comments, I think your advise helped me resolve the issue.

I think I was previously running on Focal rather than Buster.

• GreyLinux

Thank you for the reply. I think my issue was that I was running Armbian Focal, when I should have been using Armbian Buster.

But I wanted to follow up on what you have advised.

Does it make any difference if I run the script as root or as the new user?

What is the correct way to run it?

Will have have any issues if I ran the script as root?

Thanks for your help.

• I have been forced to reinstall OMV on my Rock64 and I am struggling with the armhf ayufan version. I need perl 2.060 or later and the system tells me I have the latest version at 2.044.

I am happy to try the armbian OMV version in the hope this might fix my issue. Can someone point me to the image - I can't find it anywhere? (... and will it resolve the perl version issue?)

OMV 4.1.8.2-1
    Rock64, 1Gb
    Logitech Media Server 7.9.2

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!