Has anyone got Calibre running on OMV 5 using Docker & Portainer?

• Has anyone got Calibre running on OMV 5 using Docker & Portainer? I have tried following the online videos from DBtech and Techodad life, but neither seem to help. I can get Calibre Running, but I am unable to add more books to Calibre, I cannot just drag a file into a library and add it. I get the message File transfer not supported or not enabled . Please contact your system administrator..... Is there a fix for this?

Can anyone recommend a tutorial for putting Calibre on OMV5 other than the YouTube video by Techno Dad Life and DBtech?

Thanks in advance!

• Are you sure you set the correct PGID and GUID? How is your stack config looking like?

Greetings

David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I am pretty sure they are correct PGID = 100 PUID = 998

Stack is ;

---

version: "2.1"

services:

calibre:

image: linuxserver/calibre

container_name: calibre

environment:

- PUID=998

- PGID=100

- TZ=London/Europe

volumes:

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Mediaserver/Calibre/config

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Mediaserver/Calibre/Calibre/Books

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Mediaserver/existing

ports:

- 8082:8080

- 8081:8081

restart: unless-stopped

If anyone can see anything wrong with this, I would appreciate the help. Had it running fine on OMV4 with Docker!

• volumes:

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Mediaserver/Calibre/config

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Mediaserver/Calibre/Calibre/Books

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Mediaserver/existing

That doesn't look right. You have no Container Path set there...

Code
     volumes:
          - /path/to/data:/config

Greetings

David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• OK. I have scrapped my install of Calibre and reinstalled. my stack now reads as below, but I still cannot access any books or add books to my library! This is so frustrating, getting Calibre working on OMV 4 was a walk in the park, but on OMV5 I am struggling! Please be patient with me, I am still a beginner with all this.

Thanks

---

version: "2.1"

services:

calibre:

image: linuxserver/calibre

container_name: calibre

environment:

- PUID=998

- PGID=100

- TZ=London/Europe

volumes:

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Mediaserver/Calibre:/config

ports:

- 8082:8080

- 8081:8081

restart: unless-stopped

• You now lack the mounted volumes for your data.

Code
    - /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Mediaserver/Calibre/Calibre/Books:/path/in/container/that/calibre/suggests/or/expects

Greetings

David

• Thanks David for pointing that out. Sorted that. The problem I now have is that I have a collection on Ebooks that are stored, and shared, but I cannot seem to access them from within Calibre, Its like Calibre is only accessing folders within the container, not folders that are shared on my OMV Setup, how can I get round this? When I click on import books, the only folders available seem to be within the calibre container! am I right?

• You need to consider that calibre is running it its own isolated Container. So Calibre only sees its "own" filesystem. Thats the reason you do the

Code
    - /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Mediaserver/Calibre/Calibre/Books:/path/in/container/that/calibre/suggests/or/expects

to mount your stuff to the Container.

Greetings

David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!