UnionFS mount point

• I just created a new UnionFS pool with 2 drives. I would like to replace an old drive and use the data on the pool for my shares and applications without doing too much reconfig on the paths and rights.

So my idea was to just replace the moint point of my old HDD with the new pool.

OMV created the pool and a mount point in fstab:

Code
    /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DataWD:/srv/dev-disk-by-label-DataHitachi                /srv/9379aef8-4c1e-43c1-ab84-31fd2aa5b875       fuse.mergerfs

Now my idea was to replace my old HDD mount point (/srv/dev-disk-by-label-DataRaid) with the pool in fstab. This would automatically solve all the path and right recofigurations works.

Problem is i cant get it to run. The following works but i get an error in OMV GUI:

Code
    /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DataWD:/srv/dev-disk-by-label-DataHitachi               /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DataRaid fuse.mergerfs

Is there a way to make OMV accept this or change the ID of the pool to my old ID (DataRaid)??

By doing some searching i found this: https://www.reddit.com/r/OpenM…w2yp/rename_relabel_disk/

But that is a lot more complex than i expected this to be. Do i really have to go down that path (and if e2label would work for a unionfs pool)?

• Can i just edit config.xml to point to the old dir:

Code
          <mntent>
            <uuid>f96438e5-2824-4981-8e5b-fe4df8fa9678</uuid>
            <fsname>9379aef8-4c1e-43c1-ab84-31fd2aa5b875</fsname>
            <dir>/srv/9379aef8-4c1e-43c1-ab84-31fd2aa5b875</dir>    ---> Change this to point to /srv/dev-disk-by-DataRaid instead
            <type>fuse.mergerfs</type>
            <opts></opts>
            <freq>0</freq>
            <passno>0</passno>
            <hidden>1</hidden>
          </mntent>

and then a "omv-salt deploy run fstab"

Does that work?

• Ok did that and additionally changed fsname to DataRaid.

fstab is written without errors but my old samba references dont seem to work.

Also OMV GUI reports this when editing a smb share:

Code
    Couldn't extract an UUID from the provided path '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-DataRaid'.

There has to be a way to do this ||

• Ok after some poking around I think my approach above to just do this in 1 step does not work.

But it is still fairly easy to achieve. Just change the shared folders under "shared folders" to point to your pool instead of the drive as before.

SMB shares dont have to be touched, that works out of the box after updating the shared folders.

I updated my dockers manually to point to the new pool under /srv/<poolid>/path instead of the old links.

That seems to be it more or less it up to here.

Thanks for the support...

...you are welcome :P

• monsen

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!