What are the recommended way to have OMV5 mount a busy (referenced) drive?

• OMV v.5.5.3.1 - ARMv7rev4 - Kernel 4.19.118-v7+

For the partition marked Referenced (busy) OMV can't umount. Trying to force umount from command line OMV Web interface stop function. Same problem when trying to mount the partition as read only.

Now for a work-around I tried with no success to create manually entries to /etc/fstab and /etc/openmediavault/config.xlm

Anyone have an idea where I'm stumbling? I have the <mntent><uuid> entry as possible suspect but can't figure out how and where to add corresponding references.

Maybe it's possible to run or extract some of OMV scripts from commandline to have OMV update its database even when partition are mounted?

BTW, the OSError message were present even before me editing the config.xlm file.

fstab--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

proc /proc proc defaults 0 0

PARTUUID=0b292631-01 /boot vfat defaults 0 2

PARTUUID=0b292631-02 / ext4 noatime,nodiratime,defaults 0 1

# a swapfile is not a swap partition, no line here

# use dphys-swapfile swap[on|off] for that

# >>> [openmediavault]

# first line added by OMV, second line my manually hack

/dev/disk/by-label/boot /srv/dev-disk-by-label-boot vfat defaults,nofail 0 2

/dev/disk/by-label/rootfs /srv/dev-disk-by-label-rootfs ext4 defaults,nofail 0 2

# <<< [openmediavault]

config.xlm----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<fstab>

<mntent> # this item made by OMV

<uuid>64729d19-2818-4f27-9914-57f69ce02c61</uuid>

<fsname>/dev/disk/by-label/boot</fsname>

<dir>/srv/dev-disk-by-label-boot</dir>

<type>vfat</type>

<opts>defaults,nofail</opts>

<freq>0</freq>

<passno>2</passno>

<hidden>0</hidden>

</mntent>

<mntent> # manually added

<uuid>64729d19-2818-4f27</uuid> #uuid do not seem to be drives uuid but an OMV identifier?

<fsname>/dev/disk/by-label/rootfs</fsname>

<dir>/srv/dev-disk-by-label-rootfs</dir>

<type>ext4</type>

<opts>defaults,nofail</opts>

<freq>0</freq>

<passno>2</passno>

<hidden>0</hidden>

</mntent>

</fstab>

omv-confdbadm read conf.system.filesystem.mountpoint -----------------------------------------

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/sbin/omv-confdbadm", line 74, in <module> sys.exit(main())

File "/usr/sbin/omv-confdbadm", line 70, in main return cmd_inst.execute(*sys.argv)

File "/usr/share/openmediavault/confdbadm/commands.d/read.py", line 72, in execute objs = db.get(cmd_args.id, cmd_args.uuid)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/config/database.py", line 85, in get query.execute()

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/config/database.py", line 711, in execute elements = self._execute_xpath()

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/config/database.py", line 408, in _execute_xpath root_element = self._get_root_element()

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/config/database.py", line 399, in _get_root_element self._load()

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/config/database.py", line 378, in _load self._root_element = lxml.etree.parse(self._database_file)

File "src/lxml/etree.pyx", line 3435, in lxml.etree.parse

File "src/lxml/parser.pxi", line 1840, in lxml.etree._parseDocument

File "src/lxml/parser.pxi", line 1866, in lxml.etree._parseDocumentFromURL

File "src/lxml/parser.pxi", line 1770, in lxml.etree._parseDocFromFile

File "src/lxml/parser.pxi", line 1163, in lxml.etree._BaseParser._parseDocFromFile

File "src/lxml/parser.pxi", line 601, in lxml.etree._ParserContext._handleParseResultDoc

File "src/lxml/parser.pxi", line 711, in lxml.etree._handleParseResult

File "src/lxml/parser.pxi", line 638, in lxml.etree._raiseParseError

OSError: Error reading file '/etc/openmediavault/config.xml': failed to load external entity "/etc/openmediavault/config.xml"

• Offizieller Beitrag

For the partition marked Referenced (busy) OMV can't umount.

That means, there is still a shared folder pointing on a folder on that file system. You need to remove this shared folder first from all services and then remove the shared folder itself. After that you should be able to remove the drive.

First revert any changes you did to the system/config files.

• Partition in question are referenced by OMV itself which I didn't manage to free pointers for and still have OMV web.

But this is now working. The trick where to use a valid UUIDv4 for my manual entry. I simply copied the one OMV hade made for the working partition and changed a single digit hoping OMV wont randomly select the same ID for any of its added entries. If possible it would be nice to know what file these are kept to have OMV use unique IDs.

After reboot I now connected a USB drive to the system whereas OMV seem to validate and accept my manual entries when adding the new USB drive.

I now finaly can select the partition from the Share Folder drop down list which where my inital problem.

• zzzappfizz

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!