OMV spontaneous reboots

• My OMV server seems to be rebooting itself daily. I ran

I checked /var/messages/log and there is nothing between Jul 13 15:02:51 and Jul 13 22:02:30.

I was hoping someone had thoughts on other logs I might look for to see if there are any errors that could be causing the reboot?

Second to that it could also be hardware. In which case my initial thoughts are memory, power supply, motherboard. But I don't have extra hardware to swap out with. So before I go and buy a bunch of additional hardware I'd like to exhaust software.

• lesismore

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Troubleshoot random reboots“ zu „OMV spontaneous reboots“ geändert.
  • Hello,

I am facing a similar problem (i.e. NAS rebooting every few days without error messages in the logs) since a few weeks - I already ruled out problems with memory and hard drive:

Maybe it has something to do with the latest kernel upgrade (i.e. from 5.5.0-0.bpo.2 to 5.6.0-0.bpo.2): all the reboots before Jun 26 were on purpose.

• Mines been doing similar recently, but had put it down to my youngest mashing the buttons on the Apple TV and somehow an NFS issue causing the server to fall over, but looking at my uptimes, prior to July 13th I had uptimes of 34 days and 19 days and now it's rebooting multiple times a day;

I did manage to capture a photo of the dump screen just before it rebooted - not sure if this will help;

qpcePaJ.jpg

I've now reverted back to kernel 5.5.0 for a week and will see how it goes.

Thanks.

• It clearly has something to do with NFS as the spontaneous reboots are occurring when my client computer tries to mount the NFS shares during boot.

For the moment I have disabled the entries in /etc/fstab on the client but I would really hope to solve this issue otherwise.

• Since reverting to 5.5.0.0 my system has been up for 3days and 15hrs despite continual button mashing and sleep/wake cycles of the Apple TV while at home on lockdown.

This is longer than any single uptime while using 5.6.0.0

Think I'm going to stay on 5.5.0.0 for the foreseeable future.

• Since reverting to 5.5.0.0 my system has been up for 3days and 15hrs despite continual button mashing and sleep/wake cycles of the Apple TV while at home on lockdown.

This is longer than any single uptime while using 5.6.0.0

Think I'm going to stay on 5.5.0.0 for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for this.

The reboots and crashes while connecting to NFS shares has been driving me mad for the past few weeks. After messing around with memory checkers, trawling through logs and changing various NFS parameters (including adding unique fsid's to shares) to no avail, reverting to the 5.5.00 kernel has finally fixed it for me too.

Thanks again, it was driving me crazy

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!