Radarr Broke after changing /download Path

• I was trying to figure out why I couldn't get downloads to auto-move from /Downloads/completed to /Movies and I stumbled across this thread:

Radarr and sonarr won't move files from SabNZBD folder. "Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Radarr:"

So I looked at my Paths and they do not match. I go into Radarr container and I updated the /download path to

/srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-yggdrasil-Raid1/Downloads/completed

-to be clear I only added /completed to what was already there-

Then I restarted the container and it's broken.

• It Continues:

So I'm lost here-it appears to me that for some reason Radarrs permissions are all being changed to read only before the app asks to write to a test file and its denied. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• You aren't showing enough about your configuration. You need to show the entire container configuration, and the ownership and permissions of all the host volumes being used by the container.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• You aren't showing enough about your configuration. You need to show the entire container configuration, and the ownership and permissions of all the host volumes being used by the container.

Am I missing anything else?

• Not what I am looking for.

I'd like to see a docker run command, or a docker create command, or a docker compose command that was used to create the container, and the permissions and ownership of the host volumes in use.

From what you have shown, your Binds are set read only. That can't work.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Not what I am looking for.

I'd like to see a docker run command, or a docker create command, or a docker compose command that was used to create the container, and the permissions and ownership of the host volumes in use.

From what you have shown, your Binds are set read only. That can't work.

Ok, I take it you're asking me what I used to build the container.

I pulled this image:

docker pull linuxserver/radarr

and I used this Docker Create:

for the config, ,movies and downloads I used the absolute Path for each entry:

/config /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-yggdrasil-Raid1/AppData/Radarr

/movies /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-yggdrasil-Raid1/Media/Movies

/downloads /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-yggdrasil-Raid1/Downloads

All of my permissions in my shared folders are set to read/write

• Questions:

PUID and PGID are set to 1000. Do these correspond to an actual existing user and group on the system?

Saying what the permissions in OMV on the shared folders are is meaningless. You need to provide the permissions and ownership of the actual directories on the filesystem.

Run these commands in the shell and post the outputs:

Code
    ls -al /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-yggdrasil-Raid1/AppData/Radarr
    ls -al /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-yggdrasil-Raid1/Media/Movies
    ls -al /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-yggdrasil-Raid1/Downloads

--

• PUID & PGID are correct in my actual setup-theyre set to 100 and 1000 accordingly-for the create example I copy and pasted directly from Docker Hub-

Code
    dave@yggdrasil:~$ ls -al /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-yggdrasil-Raid1/Downloads
    total 28
    drwxrwsrwx  6 root users 4096 Apr 29 17:22 .
    drwxr-xr-x 11 root root  4096 May  9 20:59 ..
    -rwxrw-rw-  1 dave users  768 Apr 29 17:22 Pictures - Shortcut.lnk
    drwxr-sr-x  3 dave users 4096 Jul 14 17:38 completed
    drwxr-sr-x  3 dave users 4096 Jul 14 17:38 incomplete
    drwxr-sr-x  5 dave users 4096 Jul 14 18:40 transmission-home
    drwxr-sr-x  2 dave users 4096 Jan 12  2020 watch
  • It would be much better if you are going to paste stuff from from Docker hub, you also correct it to reflect the actual configuration you are running rather than mentioning what's different in later posts.

Far too many items owned by root, why is this? But if you relax permissions far enough it might not matter other than that is not the best approach. But you should fix this because all those chowns are never going to end until you do.

What is the UID and GID of dave?

Have the container logs changed any?

I like YTS and RARBG so much that I have RSS feeds from those sites and just take it all. 22,475 titles and growing :)

--

• You got a Sticky bit there... you used Filesystem ACLs instead of service permissions. Reset the permissions on the folder via the omv-extras.org Plugin.

Greetings

David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• You got a Sticky bit there... you used Filesystem ACLs instead of service permissions. Reset the permissions on the folder via the omv-extras.org Plugin.

Greetings

David

Thanks for the Reply!

I reset permissions on all my Shared Folders but unfortunately no dice-same output in the logs.

How do I resolve this issue?

• I greatly appreciate the assistance-I'm learning still and am prone to errors (obviously) but thank you for pointing out that out.

I'm not sure about all the items owned by root- Is there a fix?

dave UID:1000 GID:100

The container logs for Radarr do not appear to have changed.

• You may have run a container as root at some point in time. Doing so will cause every file and folder created by the container to have that ownership.

--

• You may have run a container as root at some point in time. Doing so will cause every file and folder created by the container to have that ownership.

ok-

Is it odd that it broke after I changed the Path? I had restarted it recently and there wasn't issue.

Should I just delete the container and build it again or is there a simple fix? None of my other containers have this issue

• Depends on how much effort went into building the container and what if any data involved is irreplaceable. But that is one of the nice things about docker. If carefully implemented it's easy to erase every trace of a bad container build and start over.

One thing I noticed in the post you referenced in your first post is that that user used sharedfolder paths in his setup. Never do this, never. Only use the absolute paths. It doesn't look like you used any sharedfolder paths, but only you can be sure.

The other thing to keep a close eye on when running containers that interact with each other is that the ownership and permissions on all files and folders need to be consistent with the UID and GID that the containers run as. Easiest way to stay out of trouble with this is to have all your files and folders owned by the same user and have all your containers run as that same user.

--

• Depends on how much effort went into building the container and what if any data involved is irreplaceable. But that is one of the nice things about docker. If carefully implemented it's easy to erase every trace of a bad container build and start over.

One thing I noticed in the post you referenced in your first post is that that user used sharedfolder paths in his setup. Never do this, never. Only use the absolute paths. It doesn't look like you used any sharedfolder paths, but only you can be sure.

The other thing to keep a close eye on when running containers that interact with each other is that the ownership and permissions on all files and folders need to be consistent with the UID and GID that the containers run as. Easiest way to stay out of trouble with this is to have all your files and folders owned by the same user and have all your containers run as that same user.

It's just Radarr so it's a pretty easy replacement. Which I'm probably leaning towards - I was just hoping to see what the actual solution to the problem is so just in case if there's a next time and it's something that's not easily replaceable then I can fix it.

I learned the absolute path lesson a couple of months ago unfortunately lol

I must've built radarr as root-I use it very sparingly if ever as dave has sudo. I've been going over all my other containers and none of them have these permission issues.

• I reset permissions on all my Shared Folders but unfortunately no dice-same output in the logs.

Can you verify that by posting the output of ls -al /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-yggdrasil-Raid1/AppData/Radarr again?

Greetings

David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!